Help me find the mass airflow sensor! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help me find the mass airflow sensor!

All you have to do is get an OBD2 reader that reads the air intake temps and you will say to yourself..."cold air intake...more like a hot air intake!"

Been there done that. The stock setup keeps the temps lower.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

All you have to do is get an OBD2 reader that reads the air intake temps and you will say to yourself..."cold air intake...more like a hot air intake!"

Been there done that. The stock setup keeps the temps lower.

I live in Florida. Im screwed 10 months out of the year anyways.

So, what do the CAI companies say about high temps and such? Anybody ever register a complaint followed by a solution to this?

I have no doubt that there are legitimate complaints on manufacture claims. I've seen plenty. The only thing I haven't seen is a legitimate 'fix' for said problems. For myself, I haven't had any situation where I've noticed anything I should be concerned about in regards to the use of a K&N system. Just other peoples concerns.

Anyone with the SCT X4 tuner can look at intake temps when they look at all the diagnostic parameters the X4 reads through the OBDII port.

The data clearly shows no benefits in temp, I did it myself.

Also if you go to YouTube you can see several tests where they prove this theory.

As I mentioned before the engineers on the EcoBoost engine program aren't dumb, as one said to me "Do you really think we wouldn't use a CAI if it actually gave those improvements?"

I wanna see pictures when your done! 3.5L <3

did you ever find your MAF location? I have a 2016 limited with a 3.5NA and it looks like yours. Was going to clean it but I cant find it! Going to guess they replaced it with a MAP sensor in the 2016+

No MAF, it's a speed density system.

Does anyone have a picture of a 2016 Ford Explorer Limited mass air flow sensor location? The 2015's had them but it doesn't look like the 2016's had them at all. Any drawing or picture is appreciated.

Welcome to the Forum Brian.:wave:

Peter

Does anyone have a picture of a 2016 Ford Explorer Limited mass air flow sensor location? The 2015's had them but it doesn't look like the 2016's had them at all. Any drawing or picture is appreciated.

The NA 3.5 does not have one. Not positive on the Ecoboost.

I believe Ford switched all vehicles to speed density except for Mustang after 2017 or so. EcoBoost should all be speed density (no MAF sensor). My 2014 SHO was speed density as is my 2017 Fusion Sport and 2018 Explorer XLT (N/A 3.5)

If there's no MAF on the airbox housing on your late model Ford, then it should be speed density.

Back