Help me identify evap service port? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help me identify evap service port?

ThomasinOhio

Reaction score
City, State
Lima oh
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Ford Explorer 4.0 sohc
I’m looking for a replacement, it broke off and I don’t know the name of it or where to find. White quick connect from evap purge valve to intake I believe

78909379-2126-4C9B-ACE5-3E0F0716929F.jpeg

A710ED2A-E41E-4383-90FD-9FE98A1FAC04.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I searched the internet also and coudln't find that part or #, you may have to go to a junk yard and get one.

Much as I dislike most of their products, try to match the Dorman/Help! fuel and vapor line connectors.
Dorman Products - Search Results

Haven't looked here yet, but there's a remote possibility this seller has those connectors.
Ford Clips And Fasteners

Should you ever need to replace discontinued dry rotted EVAP hoses, Gates "Barricade" fuel injection hose sold by the foot worked well for me.

18VEvH7.jpg
jCDsUfU.jpg

Thanks guys. Those are the closest match I could find the problem is the white connector has two outlets so it looks like I’m gonna have to turn into the black macgyver

If you plan on repairing the connector, make sure you use a gas and vapor resistant adhesive. I used Seal-All with mixed results when gluing a small spring inside a Stant Instant Fill gas cap. Gas vapors are very strong, and most adhesives will
not work for very long. GL

Seal-All

If you plan on repairing the connector, make sure you use a gas and vapor resistant adhesive. I used Seal-All with mixed results when gluing a small spring inside a Stant Instant Fill gas cap. Gas vapors are very strong, and most adhesives will
not work for very long. GL

Seal-All
Chances are I will just get the elbow and a T to install the service port in-line and make that work. Thanks for all the input!

Look under your battery tray remove battery and tray much easier to get at.

Someone at autonation ford white bear lake found the exact part discontinued lol I’m ordering it now!!! I appreciate everyone’s help and thank you

Best on line Ford parts dealer I've ever dealt with. Seems that most mainland Ford parts dealers do NOT want Alaska or Hawaii business. AutoNation Ford White Bear Lake has GREAT OE parts prices and reasonable shipping too. Good luck!

The actual website I found it at wheeler fleet.com Incase anyone needs another source

Back