1. Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership!

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Help me pick a new CB

Discussion in 'Ham Radio - CB - Trail Communications' started by TheRookie, February 2, 2007.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. Ray Hutchinson

Ray Hutchinson Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
    Dana Point, CA
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    '93 XLT
    Welll.....

Hey Guys,

Just to throw more crap into the game ;) I personally would prefer MY cb raqdio NOT to have a chrome face plate, Looks pretty dated to me, and although my Ex quit being pretty a long time ago, I still like the look of radios with black or charcoal face, AND, more importantly, I find the dark face with the display back illuminated, much easier to read the control lables etc. I also think a radio with the NOAA weather channels is useful, and SSB capability would be useful in the event of emegency when the increased range of SSB could come in handy. Just my .02

2. Support EF

Elite Explorer 2 for 1 Sale! $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Doug

Doug I'm Awesome! Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
    Sykesville, MD

Your brought up a good point, I'm not really sure how much your transmission/recieving will be affected by using an impedance matcher. I'm pretty sure alot of ham guys use them. We also use them on alot of our commo equipment in the military and we get pretty decent range out of our radios in our trucks.

4. Critter92X

Critter92X Active Member

City, State:
    Lake of the Ozarks Mo.
    92 xlt 4x4, 02' EB 4x4
    I think we're being steered back on topic.lol!
    I too like the black or charcoal face on some of the radios,I have a blackface radio in my car and a charcoal colored one in my 92X.The wife won't let me put a radio in the 02,so I have a red face when it comes to it.... ;)