Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

HELP!!!! No crank No Start issue

Discussion in 'Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers' started by lilmonster, July 11, 2012.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. lilmonster

lilmonster New Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2004 ford explorer
    Well first off hi, ive come to these forums for help on my 2004 explorer 4.0L V6 SOHC engine. Im going to explain from start to finish what happened to me and ill bold the most important stuff for the skim readers. One day I was headed to the doctor, that morning my car hesitated to crank, first time that has happened. I didnt think much of it. So I headed to the expressway on my way to the doctor. I was cruising doing 55mph then bam!!! My car all of a sudden lost power. All my gauges flared up and the car made a sound like a dryer makes when its done drying clothes. So of course I pulled over and learned the battery was completly dead because the HERO guy couldnt even give me a jump so I had it towed to my house. A couple months later I bought a new battery, and I used my brother car to try to give it a lil extra juice, after trying and trying the car finally cranks, but It was idling rough and kept cutting off every time I tried to accelerate. The next morning it cranked by itself just fine but had the idling problem. After that brief 5 min of it cranking and starting both with a jump and by itself, it refuses to crank whatsoever anymore. I used my scan tool to diagnose the battery light,check gauge light and service soon light that comes on while the key is in the on position. It gave me throttle body codes, I cleaned the throttle body and it's sensor and it open and closes just fine now, also cleared the code but still no crank, just a click coming from somewhere. So im lost right now, my service engine soon, check gauge and battery light is still on. The spark plugs looks ok, the battery is new and its reading 12.4 volts and it holds a load, I just got the starter checked and its good, have yet to get the alternator check, but I could asap, All my wire connections look fine as far as the starter, battery, and the alternator. Can anyone give me any clue? I checking the sensors and probably getting the alternator checked tomorrow. Thanks in advance!!!!!!

2. Support EF

Elite Explorer 2 for 1 Sale! $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.