Help on wheel offset | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help on wheel offset

Hi folks, I bought a set of winter wheels from someone who had them on a 2013 explorer but barely used them. I have a 2017 explorer and they don’t seem right. The bolt pattern is good but the clearance between the caliper and wheel seems very small. I know the offset is supposed to be ET44 but isn’t that the same between 2013 and 2017?

The wheel code is as follows: 17x7.5J T DOT K4 32 07 25 11. Can anyone let me know if these are supposed to fit my vehicle properly? I’m not sure if it makes a difference but the wheels on it currently are the 20” wheels that came with the sport appearance package. Many thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don’t think the offset is the issue, as much as the wheel being 3” smaller. I would think that as long as nothing rubs, you should be OK.

I don’t think the offset is the issue, as much as the wheel being 3” smaller. I would think that as long as nothing rubs, you should be OK.
Thanks for the reply. It just feels like there is rubbing so you are probably right.

Thanks for the reply. It just feels like there is rubbing so you are probably right.
If you think the wheel is rubbing on something you should pull the wheel and check. If there is no visible damage then it’s not rubbing. If you see a gouge or other damage evident, do not use the wheels.

If you think the wheel is rubbing on something you should pull the wheel and check. If there is no visible damage then it’s not rubbing. If you see a gouge or other damage evident, do not use the wheels.
I haven’t got as far as actually driving the vehicle with the steel wheels on because when I went to fit it I felt like the clearance was too small and that it will rub if I drive it.

The calliper is rubbing so very slightly in one spot only. Is there a difference in the callipers on a 2013 explorer vs a 2017 explorer? There must be.

Back