• Register Today It's free!

HELP! please! 2002 No Start

marc84

Reaction score
City, State
greenville nc
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 ford explorer xlt v6
i have a 2002 ford explorer with less than 80k miles on it.
last week i went to turn the engine and it was met with a fast clicking sound.
i had a new battery put in and everything was fine until tonight when i went to start the car and now there is no power at all! no lights the dash or anything! somebody please help asap!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to our forums. I re-titled your thread to make it more descriptive of the problem. I am also moving this thread to our Stock 2002-2005 forum.

Sounds like you have a parasitic draw on the battery. A light may be staying on somewhere, or something is drawing current when it shouldn't be. Hopefully a member with a 3rd gen Explorer will chime in and lend a hand.

Welcome aboard!! :salute:

Are you sure that the alternator is good? I would have that checked out. Most auto parts stores will check it for free.

Please keep us posted as feedback helps others reading this post looking for a fix to the same or similar issue!

2002 no start

turns out my driver side door sensor went bad and was causing a light to come on at night and drain my battery completely and what little power it still held(2.10 volts) was causing my alarm to randomly go off! problem is being fixed now and we'l see if that fixes it,hopefully it will. thanks to everyone who posted and helped in live chat!

Nice job finding the issue. That could have been a real PITA.

Thanks for the update. :D:thumbsup:

Back