Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

HELP PLEASE how to access my 03 explorer?

Discussion in 'Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers' started by aroel, August 4, 2014.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^
  1. aroel

aroel New Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
    Ford Explorer 2003
    Hi all,

First of all, I want to apologize for my grammar, english is not my first language, that said, let me expose my problem:

i just got a 03 stock explorer that has been always in the family (my dad got it back then, then pass it to my brother, then I just got it a month ago), all services are done regularly and no problem at all, its a great truck and Im planning to use it as my daily car; yesterday, I found out in the morning (had to run to the hospital) that the battery was dead, had to use my wife`s car, when we got back, I used my wifes car battery to recharge the explorer battery, It hold the charge and let me go back to the hospital again (our 5 week old daughter is in ICU for premature issues), when try to start it to drive back home, no battery at all, the security people helped me and used a battery starter that worked just great, drive home with no problems... I must say that the remote control worked fine to open the doors and even that the battery had no charge to start the engine, it was enough to open the doors).

Now, this morning, I went outside to check if the battery holded the charge, and no, but this time the battery was so dead that Im unable to unlock the doors, now I got a new battery (gel) but Im unable to open the doors or hood, could any one help me please? the key is not working neither...

Thank you for your help and again, I apologize for the grammar...

aroel

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Exproblems

Exproblems Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Orchard Park, N.Y.
    '05 Explorer XLT 4.0L
    Was the new battery you installed, the correct OE rated battery for your vehicle? Make sure it is and that the battery cables are clean from corrosion. Don't know anything about "gel" filled batteries, unless they are just some brand of battery I haven't purchased before. Can you unlock the drivers door with your "key"? Try that if you haven't. Make sure the key fob battery is good as well. Only other thing I can think of is your security system isn't recognizing your key/fob for some reason, most likely due to the dead battery issue. Good luck to your new baby and congrats!

4. X-LION

X-LION New Member

City, State:
    New York, New york
    2004 Explorer Limited v8
    Check alternator it is probably not charging your battery.

5. tubeless

tubeless New Member

City, State:
    Sc.
    04awdexplorer
    I think he means he can't get into the ex to install the new battery. Just my take on this.
    Will the key turn the door lock?

We Support Our Troops!