Help pulling SOHC engine

2000XLT4X4

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT
Hello all and thanks in advance.
I'm pulling the 4.0 SOHC engine out of my 2000 XLT with 95K miles. I had posted a topic a couple of weeks ago about how the engine had lost oil pressure and started clattering, had it towed home.
Well, I just started taking it apart. Took pics and notes, but haven't gotten too far. Radiator and shroud are out, serpentine belt is off. Is there a "how to" somewhere on this site explaining the proper order for removing the engine? I'm trying not too make this job any harder than it has to be. Also, I don't see where I'd be lifting the engine from. I don't see lifting loops or large threaded holes to attach chains to.

Bill

Anyone pull their SOHC engine and can help me here?
Looking at the engine again, trying to see where I can lift the engine from, I can see that I'd be able to use threaded holes on the front of the heads where the power steering pump is mounted, but still nothing's obvious on the passenger side of the engine.
Also, Chicago winters have taken their toll. Quite a bit of rust underneath. This is going to be a big job. I'm actually considering parting out this truck or selling it as a repair vehicle. Would be a shame. It's basically an XLT loaded with almost every goody they had available in 2000 and it's only got 95K on it.
Thanks,
Bill

VROOM...
Thank you! That helps immensely!, or in Swedish...Tack! Det hjälper oerhört!

Bill

Back