Help rodent in my dash!!!! | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help rodent in my dash!!!!

Well im back and with nothin new. That little piece of **** didnt eat one little tasty snack i left for him!!! :fire: My wife had to go to work so i pulled all the traps out. Maybee its gone. I dont know but you think it would and should have ate something.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

He's on to you.... smart little devil. :p

I know how you can get rid of him.... Tell your wife you got him and he's gone. Let her take the car to work.... when Mickey scurries across her toes, she's bound to freak out and rear end the car in front of her. Wife is fine, car is totaled, and Mickey is no longer a problem for you to deal with. :)

-Joe

-Joe

Uhh yeah i dont like that story. I told her If you see it dont freak keep watching the road and pull over SAFELY its only gonna run by you.

splodo49 said:
Uhh yeah i dont like that story. I told her If you see it dont freak keep watching the road and pull over SAFELY its only gonna run by you.

I doubt she would've been that keen on my idea either.

I never said it was a GOOD idea.... ;P

Dust the interior with talcum powder tonight and check for footprints in the morning :cool:

Another thought, and I am serious here. You may wish to consider getting in the habit of wiping down the seats, armrests, consoles each time you use the vehicle. Mice have no bladder control mechanisms, so they urinate as they walk leaving a trail that is easily visible under utraviolet light. Your vehicle will eventually develop an odor which will dissipate EXCEPT where it is soaked into leather.

yeah we’ve been wiping the whole vehicle down religiously.

Try those ultrasonic pest control things that home depot sells, they emit ultrasonic waves that willscurry the critter away. They do run on 120V so you would need to run an extension cord out to the vehicle.
My gram had mice in her car in the garage, now that she has a few of them plugged in..no mice. They didn't chew any wiring, but did make a mess inside the heater unit and air filter. Lots of chewed nuts and the sound proofing under the hood.

Good Luck!

wpurple said:
Try those ultrasonic pest control things that home depot sells, they emit ultrasonic waves that willscurry the critter away. They do run on 120V so you would need to run an extension cord out to the vehicle.
My gram had mice in her car in the garage, now that she has a few of them plugged in..no mice. They didn't chew any wiring, but did make a mess inside the heater unit and air filter. Lots of chewed nuts and the sound proofing under the hood.

Good Luck!

Best idea I've heard. Forgot all about those.

I've been a hunter all my life when I'm not hunting am reading about hunting. This has been a hellava read. This is allmost as good as Peter Capsticks books on his big game adventures in Africa. This critter what ever it is, must be directly related to the the Stavo Lions (the Ghost and the Darkness) that actually halted building a railroad in present day Kenya. By the way the book of what really happened was far better then the movie.

You need to pattern this animal. You can go to any good outdoor store and get yourself one of those cameras that hunters use to take pictures at night to see what animals are coming down the trails. It picks up body heat and will take the pic, even has flash. That would be great to post pic and then the whole world can see this thing. This could be a whole new species.

rookieshooter said:
This could be a whole new species.
I don't know about that, but definitley a good idea about the camera.

I'm thinkin' a couple pounds of C-4 will do the trick, spread it out all through the vehicle and then light it off....Ya gotta take the fight to the enemy and defeat him soundly...and the H3LL with collateral damage :D

the supersonic pest thing was my idea! i said it awhile ago! gar! read the previous posts....not that i'm bitter, its just that i lost my voice today and i never get sick...gar

Maybe you should check your air box :eek:

Attachments

• 101airbox.jpg
    101airbox.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 275

hahaha thats great!

Well nothing new!! Ive looked and set the traps every night. Looked for droppings and any kind of sign. But nothing. I hope its gone. And not dead somewhere. Cuz by the time it starts stinking is the time ill be driving it to utah.. And aint no way i could handle the smell. EDIT: ohh and albino are you serious with that air box!!! Talk about breathing freely.

That one's Gerrold Jarrett's. It was a demonstration of the Swiss Cheese modification. I figured,,,,,rodent in the dash ,,,,,hmm,,,,,,,swiss cheese,,,,hmm :cool:

Mine has holes big enough for a squirl to crawl through :D

That's where I get the extra HP ;)

I covered the hole I made in my first airbox with a metal speaker grill from a 6.5" driver :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hahah Squirrel.. Well if i take my screen off my snorkel i could get cats in mine!!! Plus i get ram air around 30 :D

Back