Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Help...Shortage during interior LED mod

Discussion in 'Modified 2002 - 2005 Explorers' started by jshans23, October 31, 2012.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1. jshans23

jshans23 New Member

City, State:
    Bristol, CT
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2005 Explorer XLT Sport
    So I tried installing some new LED bulbs in the front reading/map lights before doing any research. I didn't realize I needed to remove the whole console etc. Long story short, I must have grounded/shorted something out with the screw driver I was using to remove the original bulbs. Now I am not getting any power to any of the interior lights or to my radio. I checked the interior fuses #17 and #23 based on the owners manual but both fuses were fine. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Model is a 2005 Explorer XLT Sport V6 4x4

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. BigRondo

BigRondo USMC 1371 Elite Explorer Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
    Worcester, MA
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2002 XLT V6 4x4
    Welcome aboard!! :salute:

I would start by checking all fuses, including those in the Power Distribution Box located under the hood.