Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Help - stock airbox + bodylift issues

Discussion in 'Elite Explorer 911!' started by Paraphoe, July 13, 2008.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. Paraphoe

Paraphoe Go big or go home Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Willow Grove, PA
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    '97 XLT
    Did a body lift last summer and had a cone filter on, obviously no problems. Now, however, I'm attempting to build a snorkel and put the stock airbox back in and realized I really cannot get it to meet and connect with the intake where the 4 screws bolt the two together. Do you need an adapter for the stock airbox after a body lift? Help appreciated, in the middle of the snorkel build with no fender on and want(ed) to finish up tonight...

Thanks.

2. Support EF

Elite Explorer 2 for 1 Sale! $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. dman726749

dman726749 Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Greenwood Indiana
    96 xlt
    round or square airfilter?

mine never caused a problem with the body lift.....i have the round filter......it is a little tough to atach the twp halves sometimes, but a little elbow grease always makes it work...

4. Paraphoe

Paraphoe Go big or go home Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Willow Grove, PA
    '97 XLT
    Square. Trust me, I elbow greased the living balls out of it. I was actually crouched underneath the hood with all my weight on one knee on top of the airbox to press it down (must have been quite the scene...) and it was just shy about a half inch from meeting and letting me get the screw in. I was actually able to get the bottom two screws partially in from muscling it, but the top ones were not gonna go.

BTW, was following your thread on the snorkel build. :thumbsup:

5. dman726749

dman726749 Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Greenwood Indiana
    96 xlt
    hmmm not sure then...i have the round one and didnt have a problem...good luck!