Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Help this droid moron.

Discussion in 'Cameras, Cell Phones, and Electronic Gadgets' started by RockRanger, July 2, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. RockRanger

RockRanger Elite Ranger Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Fresno CA
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      86 ranger no more
      Callsign:
      KK6TDL
      I have an original droid. I keep getting messages that my phone is low on memory. I have 14 GB of available space on my sd card though. How do I get it to save pictures and what not on the sd card and not on the phone? I have zero music on it. I use it mostly to talk, get email, play solitaire, pictures, and text. It is saving pretty much everything on the phone not on my card like I would like it to.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. IZwack

IZwack Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      Germantown, MD
      1998 Ford Explorer
      It should, by default, save it to the SD card. BUt you can verify this by connecting it to a computer (change "USB Connection" to "USB Mass Storage" once its wired to a PC). Once its loaded as a mass storage, open "My Computer" and you should see the Droid's SD card (by default, its labelled like "[x]G Removable Volume". If the camera is storing your pics in the SD card, then there should be a folder in "[x]G Removable Volume" called "DCIM". Open this folder and you should see your pics.

Last edited: July 2, 2011
    4. BrianDye

BrianDye I'll have another...

City, State:
      Monroe, MI
      2006 XLT
      Memory as-in internal storage? Or as-in Ram?

I use a program called "Advanced Task Killer" and I have the small widget right on my homescreen to kill programs that im not using.

As for storage memory, try going through the menus from the camera, and see if you cant find something like a "Save To: Phone or Memory Card (SD)"

It may be in the regular phones menu somewhere too.

5. FROADER

FROADER Moderator Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

Media:
      Albums:
      City, State:
      Huntington Beach, CA
      1997 XLT
      It actually is saving to your SD card already. The DCIM folder is on the card.

Do you use the browser a lot? It could be your cache that is taking a lot of memory if it's never been cleared? I know I cleared about 18MB of space when I did mine for the first time.

Oh and App/Task Killers take up more memory that the Apps that are running in the background.

6. watt9386

watt9386 Active Member

City, State:
      Croydon, Pennsylvania
      94 xlt & 97 sport