Help -Where's the DPFE on 2000 EX, v8 5.0L XLT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help -Where's the DPFE on 2000 EX, v8 5.0L XLT

twostep

Reaction score
City, State
Bear, DE
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 AWD, V8
I can't locate the DPFE that seems to be causing a P1401 code. All pictures I found don't match with my engine. Thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's behind the upper intake manifold just in front of the fire wall. A step stool will come in handy for removing it.

DPFE Image

Any suggestions on where to get an image of DPFE for this engine v8 5.0L ? I've googled it and still can't get one.

Look for the little piece up there with two small high temp hoses coming off it. It's a ***** to remove because both bolts holding it in place face the firewall and there isn't much space to work with.
Posted via Mobile Device

Look for the little piece up there with two small high temp hoses coming off it. It's a ***** to remove because both bolts holding it in place face the firewall and there isn't much space to work with.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yep. That is why I recommend a step stool. It's a necessity if you have a lifted Ex or are running taller tires.

Thanks - advice on DPFE Removal

I think I got it -- it's the rectangular block of metal right at the transmission dipstick. I can see there's no gasket needed. Will the 2 hoses get damaged trying to remove them? Do they slide right off? Or do I spray they with something to loosen them?

Thanks to all

I think I got it -- it's the rectangular block of metal right at the transmission dipstick. I can see there's no gasket needed. Will the 2 hoses get damaged trying to remove them? Do they slide right off? Or do I spray they with something to loosen them?

Thanks to all

Yup, that's the piece you're looking for. The hoses "should" be OK (mine were when I swapped the module earlier this summer). If not, you'll need a few lengths of high temp tubing (they are of different diameter if I'm not mistaken). Supposedly you can get it in bulk from any parts store. One of my hoses was easy to get off. The other took more effort. It's a good time to check the condition of them before you take them off. I've read lots of threads were people's hoses are in rough shape and they crumble upon removal.

Back