• Register Today It's free!

Help with codes

steelynirvana

Reaction score
City, State
North Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Explorer
I cant for the life of me figure out these codes. Ive got the heads off and want to make sure its not throwing a code for the cam sensor since ive got easy access to it. Could someone please help me? Notice there is s "weak" flash before the cycle

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You have the heads off so you have the whole top of the motor torn down. That means you have a lot of electrical plugs and sensors unhooked. I think the computer going crazy thinking a whole lot of stuff is not working. I don't think you can get what you want with the motor torn apart..

I should have been more specific, forgive me as it was late when i posted it last night and i was dead tired when i typed the post.

I pulled the codes before i tore the engine down. CE light has been on for a few weeks now.

You have the heads off so you have the whole top of the motor torn down. That means you have a lot of electrical plugs and sensors unhooked. I think the computer going crazy thinking a whole lot of stuff is not working. I don't think you can get what you want with the motor torn apart..

Anyone?
I pulled these before I started the engine tear down. Heads are coming back from the machine shop in the morning and im putting it back together tomorrow afternoon

I'll take a stab at it. I got 522 and 512. I can't find a code for 522 but 512 says Memory power (PCM pin 1) was interrupted – Was battery disconnected ? to me what I interpret this is Memory is erased or reset when your battery is disconnected. Did you disconnect your battery just before doing this test.

Nope. Last time battery was disconnected was a month ago

I got:
0:09 -- fast codes
0:10 to 0:40 -- KOEO code 522
0:43 -- separator pulse between KOEO and CM codes
0:45 to end CM code 512

As noted by vq5speed, CM512 indicates a past interruption in power to keep alive memory. I would probably clear CM and wait to see if this code comes back. It would not hurt to check the KAM power circuit (yellow wire to pin 1) and see if there are any obvious loose connections or breaks.

My code lists do not show a KOEO 522 -- need a better manual, but the library is closed. If you have access to a good manual, you should be able to find a definition for this code.

Not much to go on, sorry.

Back