Help with Headlight relay info

brianwsnc

Reaction score
City, State
Winston Salem, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Sport Trac Adrenlin
Ok guys,

I figured I would ask the experts for help on this to see if anyone has done this before.

I installed HID lights, install was easy. low beam is nice and bright, white light

However, when I switch to Highbeams.. it switchs OFF the HID low beam bulb filiment and switchs ON the Halogen "high beam" filiment... which is not White, but yellowish..

I hate it, hard to refocus because of the changing color and brightness field is different.

I think IF I can wire the relay to leave the Low BEAM light when I use my High Beams, it will fix the problem

Has anyone ever done something like this or do you know which wires I should jump/switch/change to accomplish this?

Thanks!
Brian B

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks like you're on your own here.

oh come on Steve.. don't let me down bud!.. :)

I know you can give me some thoughts on this

I was thinking of just adding some kind of jumper from the high beam power to the the low beam hot feed, so it keeps the low beam powered up when I flip on the high beams... (OH wait.. I think I just figured it out)

IDK, if you get it too hot it'll melt your lenses. If you try it at least do a relay so as not to overload the circuits.

I'm not too enthusiastic about all the LED and HID conversions so I don't get involved in those.

Steve, I love the ones on my Mitsubishi 3000gt... and the lights on these Sport tracs are not that great.

I will let you know how it works out

Back