• Register Today It's free!

Help with oil leak

03Mach1

Reaction score
City, State
New Orleans, La
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 XLT
Long story short had the V6 in the 03 X replaced after timing chain failure about 3 years ago. I have never been happy with the replacement but that is a story for another day.

Been noticing the driveway starting to get stained so I have been trying to track the leak. One other time the leak was similar and the mechanic blamed it on the oil pressure sending unit in the side of the block. Looking at that area most of the oil leak is below that mark and directly under it. Sunday I looked at it closer and there was oil on the white plug part of the sensor so I swapped it out. The oil is somehow dripping down onto the crossmember and dripping down from there. After I swapped the sensor I wiped off the crossmember and drove the truck around for a bit and parked it in a clean spot in the driveway. Next morning nothing no oil on the ground. On Monday made 2 runs, one in the morning and another in the afternoon, total of maybe 15 miles. That night there was a fresh spot on the driveway and oil on the K member but the white part of the sensor looked clean.

Anyone know of any leak prone spots front drivers side of the engine that I could start to look at? I am getting ready to order a UV dye kit but would like to avoid that if I could.

Back