Help with "Rear Antilock" Light

BTRs X

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Maysville, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Explorer XL 4x4
I have a 1992 Ford Ranger 4cyl. 5-speed 4x4. I took it to the shop today and they replaced the brakes all the way around. Before I took it in, the "rear antilock" light was on. It was still on after my brakes were changed and the mechanic said I needed a new sensor. Well I replace the sensor and still no luck. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My explorer has the same thing going on, also a 92

When the RABS light came on in my 89 Ranger, I did the paper clip diagnostics and found the RABS valve was bad. I replaced it and the light never came on again.

It was under the truck somewhere. It has been so long since I replaced it that I don't remember all the details.

My ABS light comes on if the brake fluid level is low. Found this out tracking down a rusted brake line covered in dry mud.

Paper clip Diagnostic? Is there a way to pull codes from the abs module?

Sensor is locate on the rear pumkin, may want to do system flush (clean out all the old fluid.

Thats what I am worried about. Im hoping it will pass a safety without but if not I will need to fix it. Im not really a fan of ABS in most cases, though I like the system my mustang has.

I just replaced the snesor in the rear pumpkin...that didn't help so I guess I will just forget about it and remove the bulb. Now the parking brake light will flash/stay on/fade in and out....any ideas? Thanks.

try reset the computer after the repair???

Was this ever resolved? Having the same issue

Back