Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Help with scanning for codes

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by tgavel, July 28, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. tgavel

tgavel New Member

City, State:
      MA
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2004 Explorer XLT
      Hi,

I am trying to scan my 95 Explorer for codes (check engine light is on) and I have a scanner that I am using under the hood of the truck, not under the steering wheel. It keeps saying to check if key is on (it is) and that there is no data. All the fuses are ok and I can't figure this out. Has anyone else had this problem? I have to get a sticker on it.

The truck keeps stalling when it is hot (but not overheated on the temp gauge).

Thanks,
      Terri

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Pepiv

Pepiv New Member

City, State:
      Lakeland, Fl
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      00 Mountaineer
      What kind of scanner are you using? if it is an OBD II they do not scan 96' and older? Could this be the problem?