1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

help with wobble

Discussion in 'Stock 1991 - 1994 Explorers' started by sqhurt, August 8, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. sqhurt

sqhurt Active Member

City, State:
    ohio
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    93 sport & 4 door
    I just put on new rotors and wheel bearings. The rotors i got had the race inside the rotor already but new ones came with the bearings. I just threw the bearings in the rotors, was i supposed to use the race"s that came with the new bearings as well? Also I put 4 new lug nuts on each tire on the front and 1 old one. Thing was curious about guy at autozone got me some that was 1/2 20 mm or whatever. But they are total different then oem ones. There coned but doesn't have the lil edge. Trying to figure out what is now giving me this wobble in the front end. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Have to drive this hour away wensday, so like to have her fixed. Oh and I did torque the wheel bearings down to spec. figured id double check all that stuff tomorrow Thanks

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Lube

Lube Active Member

City, State:
    Oklahoma
    95 XLT
    The bearings will be fine as long as each new bearing is on a new race.
    I'd take the lug nuts back.

4. sqhurt

sqhurt Active Member

City, State:
    ohio
    93 sport & 4 door
    Im leaning towards the lug nuts being the problem, is that what you think as well

5. sqhurt

sqhurt Active Member

City, State:
    ohio
    93 sport & 4 door
    Also need to add, I put all new shocks around her and put new drums and shoes on as well. It didnt have this vibration/wobble before. Its noticable from take off and up to 25mph. I didnt take it any further than that.

We Support Our Troops!