HELP!!! wont pass emissions, truck is tossing out the P1000 Code | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HELP!!! wont pass emissions, truck is tossing out the P1000 Code

diesel_s

Reaction score
City, State
Buford, Ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 ST Limited
So i took my truck for emissions and the guy told me that the ECU doesnt seem to be doing its readiness check, yet the only code i get from the truck is P1000, the other codes i used to get were p0171 and p0170, figured that outs, O2 sensors were fine, i used to get P1900 then i had a tranny flush and that solved itself, i would get P0325 and then that stopped on its own, what is the knock sensor code referring to though?.....the truck runs like a champ, it's had mods for years now and this is the first time i am having a problem, i drove it for over 120 miles, brought it back and the same damn problem, any ideas? do u think one of the mods is blocking the stock computer somehow? Just to be sure, I even reflashed it back to the stock settings. IDK what to do, i really don't want to pay for a costly diagnostic only to find out the issue is simple, i need my emissions done asap...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

p1000 is a drive cycle code,

1. Attach a scan tool and access the Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor (ECT), Fuel level Input (FLI), Intake Air Temp (IAT) Parameter Identification (PID)s.
Verify the IAT PID is between 50-100° F.
Verify the FLI PID is between 15% and 85% (only available on EVAP Running Loss systems).

2. Warm the vehicle until the ECT PID reaches a minimum of 130°F.

3. Clear all DTCs with the scan tool by pressing clear with the key on engine off. P1000 will remain. Leave the key in the ON position, and start the vehicle.

4. Access the On-Board System Readiness Menu on the scan tool to view the status of the OBD II monitors.

5. Proceed with the OBD II Drive Cycle or selected monitor repair verification drive cycle. Once started, the engine must not be turned off.

6. Drive in stop-and-go traffic with at least four idle periods (30 seconds each) while observing the status of the OBD II monitor on the scan tool. If the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR), Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S), Evaporative Emission (EVAP), secondary air (AIR) (if applicable) or catalyst efficiency monitor have not completed, drive on the highway at a constant speed over 40 MPH, not to exceed 65 MPH for up to 15 minutes. Heavy accelerations, sudden decelerations and Wide Open Throttles are not recommended.

7. If the scan tool sends out a three pulse beep at any time, the OBD II drive cycle has completed.

8. If the EGR, HO2S, EVAP, secondary AIR (if applicable) or catalyst efficiency monitor has not completed, perform the corresponding monitor verification drive cycle.

9. Bring the vehicle to a stop and retrieve Continuous Memory DTCs to verify the DTC P1000 has been erased.

10. Monitor Repair Verification Drive Cycles to insure P1000 has been erased.

The vehicle will not pass the regional emission test because of P1000 and uncompleted monitor functions. When driving the vehicle the monitors all appear to complete without a problem but when the engine is shut off and the ignition switch is turned back to the run position, the monitors all return to a status of not ready.
Tests/Procedures: 1. Check fuse 21 (10 amp) of the battery junction box for a blown, missing, or poorly connected fuse.

2. If the fuse checks to be ok, check pin 55 of the powertrain control module connection for a hot-at-all-times power signal which is supplied by fuse 21.
This circuit is a Black/Light Green (BK/LG) wire on vehicles built on or after 7/24/00. It is a Yellow (YE) wire on vehicles built before 7/24/00.

3. If power is good to the powertrain control module at pin 55 and the connection of the circuit to the powertrain control module appears to be ok, replace the powertrain control module as it is failing to retain memory.

I took it out earlier today it completed nearly everything but still failed emissions, I now have PO720 and P0455 codes popping up, I know what both codes mean, but what exactly would cause PO720? and i guess i have to get a smoke test done to figure out P0455...smh

o yeah and it still throws out P1000 with the other two codes...

So i decided to inspect all hoses associated with the EVAP system starting with the canister under the battery and as soon as I got in there and began to search, I could smell fuel vapors in that area and then I found this:

IMG_0614.jpg

Gonna have to take it to have that replaced

Back