Help!!!!!!!!!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

explorer93death

Reaction score
City, State
Ft. Lauderdale
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Eddie Bauer
Ok so hears the deal, i have a 1993 ford explorer Eddie Bauer its a great car and every thing works pretty good. it just has two major problems that i cant figure out. First of all when you start it the idle revs up and down sometimes stalling sometimes just revving until it warms up. Once its warm it runs fine. i took it to midas and they said it was the mass airflow sensor, but i went to the junk yard and got another one and the problem prosiest. Secondly, the transmission. I dont know what it is but when i drive for an extended period of time 30+ mins the fluid will drain out of the tranny, i dont know why it just drains. I think its overheating because when I have to wait till it cools to put more fluid in. This problem has left me stranded more than once and its very frustrating. the only thing i can think of it that is over heating, I did have a new radiator put in and i dont know if the trans cooler was replaced. Could this be my problem if it wasn't replaced?

Any help would be much appreciated thank you very much!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to this forum! The problem with the transmission sounds like the front bell housing seal or bushing. The other problem might be related to intake manifold gaskets. Do you have a check engine light?

Yes, the light comes on and off, when the engine is running good it will stay off but every now and again it will turn on and run like hell for awhile and then turn off again. I really dont want to have to drop the whole tranny to replace that front seal, is there anything else you think it could be with the tranny?

i have the same problems with mine its all in the transmission front seal and the rear seal would b my bet and the problem with the idle is also the transmission

Back