• Register Today It's free!

help!!!!

95expsport

Reaction score
City, State
pawling
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 sport
i just baught a 1995 explorer sport. its in ok condition. the truck is humming whn i drive it. i believe its comming from the front drivers side. i know i need a new strut. i think the humming is because i need a new berring. the tire it had on when i bought it had uneven wear meat on out side and bald on inside. i put the original spare tire on that had never been used and still hums and its a constent hum. the 4x4 automatic works but when i switch it into the 4x4 low from 2 wheel it wont go into it. any help will be greatlu appriceated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Front suspension stuff if shot if you see this:

/----\

...from the front, you need balljoints- and the hub sounds gone as well.

Are you putting the truck in neutral, foot on the brake, then switching to 4Low?

it just wont switch into it from 2 wheel or 4wd auto and it rides more like this /---| the guy b4 me repleced just one side axel broke

But are you switching it into 4-Low correctly- the truck must be in neutral and your foot on the brake when switching it, or it will not function correctly...

Replace the other side front suspension components, especially if it looks like that.

it went into 4x4 low when i rolled foward and i just picked up some shocks today just need to get berrings now and see what my machanic says is wrong.

Back