heres my truck | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

heres my truck

here

Attachments

• sidview.jpg
    sidview.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 823

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You have yourself one bad Ex. man. I don't see many around these parts that are slammed down like that, it's not bagged is it?
EBexplorer

no man, its just a torsion twist. i lowered it for under 150. thanks for the props though. i hope i inspire you or someone else to lower and street out their x too.

are those cobra emblems on the side of your X?

yeah i got them from texas mustang.

I'm guessing that picture was taken in the phoenix part of phoenix/minneapolis? Haven't seen many palm trees in the minneapolis area. :)

Nice ex, is the ride rougher with it lowered like that?

yeah, that pictures in phoenix. i can't wait to take that thing back to minneapolix though. here in phoenix its not even a cool car. but when i go home to minneapolis i will be a celebrity.

as for the ride its not too bad. its a little stiffer, but not a problem. it is more than made up for in carving ability.

it looks pimpin'!!!:cool:

What cost $150 to lower it? Torsion twist up front, but how much drop? What about the rear, lowering blocks? And then an alignment?

as for the ride its not too bad. its a little stiffer, but not a problem. it is more than made up for in carving ability.

yeah, i'm interested in lowering mine in another month or so. I was told I could remove the adjuster bolts on my 98 (2.5 inches according to Naples Bill), and 2.5 in the back by using blocks. Not sure how to do this yet, but maybe you could help out.. lemme know.

hey expo, lowering blocks, frt. adjuster bolts; do you still have the original front stabilizer? what about shocks? I want to know how it's done. but my ex is a first generation. don't know if it would be the same procedure.:confused:

all right i paid 30 for 2" (thats all i wanted, could have probably gotten more fairly easily) blocks and had them installed, a torsion twist done, and an alignment at a shop for about 120 for a total of 150 and a shop did all of the work. of course most people can't find deals that good and most people have a place to work on their trucks (i have a parking structure and no tools here in college) so most people just do it themselves.

as for the 1st generation- lowering them is completely different and your gonna have to do a search to find the process explained. try 1st generation lowering

Back