Here's Our New Ride! | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Here's Our New Ride!

Nice ride you have there. This is one color we looked at before pulling the triger on the Platinum Tri Coat. Love the information in your thread by the way.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How did you get to that "Track a Vehicle" from your first page? Is that something only Ford Employees can do or can the general public do that as well?

Cheers!
Matt

That was something our salesperson printed off when we took delivery of the car. It was a little something she did for all of the custom orders. I thought it was pretty cool.

Some people just can't keep a secret, now I have to find a new target as i'm sure Vince will be keeping a lookout now.......
cnsheets,

A word to the wise: Don’t plan fraudulent activities on a public forum. LOL JK To be safe, don’t do anything illegal! :eek:

...Upon opening the rear hatch a while back, my wife didn't remember that we had changed the height of the stop, so it smacked into the bottom of the garage door...Fortunately, the hatch struck the door along the plastic Explorer chrome trim and no damage was done...One thing I am a bit disappointed in is that the driver's seat is starting to wrinkle and show wear. I don't like leather! :)
VinceL,

Whoops! :( I’m just glad there was no damage. Please keep us in the loop on the leather; is there such a thing as “too much driving?” ;)

...I have only had one MFT issue so far; other than few slow moments probably during an indexing. The other day I mistakenly put car in accessory power mode attempting to start without foot on brake. I then started, but for some reason it would not let me turn on radio, nor would voice nave directions play. I had to pull over, cycle car off and open door to reset. After than, upon start, all functioned well.
I’m really glad you got that sorted out, Craig; I know I wouldn’t want to drive for very long without radio! Be sure to check in with Rebecca (FordIVTteam) on the In-Vehicle Technology team for MFT troubleshooting! :)

How did you get to that "Track a Vehicle" from your first page? Is that something only Ford Employees can do or can the general public do that as well?...
Matt,

Yes, that’s a Ford employee only resource. I heard something rumbling in the “rumor mill” they want to make a customer facing tracking tool. Shhh! You didn’t hear it from me! :D

Cory

Matt,

Yes, that’s a Ford employee only resource. I heard something rumbling in the “rumor mill” they want to make a customer facing tracking tool. Shhh! You didn’t hear it from me!

Cory
That would save you a ton of time, Cory.

Yes, that’s a Ford employee only resource. I heard something rumbling in the “rumor mill” they want to make a customer facing tracking tool. Shhh! You didn’t hear it from me! :D

Cory

If they make that, you will be out of a job. :eek: (lets out a Chewbacca moan). just kidding.

I can't wait to read about Vince's big trip later this year. :thumbsup:

Well, at least she did it first...

Upon opening the rear hatch a while back, my wife didn't remember that we had changed the height of the stop, so it smacked into the bottom of the garage door. The look on her face was one of complete disgust and total defeat. It was almost funny (almost). I didn't even get the chance to say "this is why we can't have nice things." Fortunately, the hatch struck the door along the plastic Explorer chrome trim and no damage was done, but the creaking sound it made when it hit was less than pleasant.

Other than that, things are going well and we still love the car. We are over 6600 miles at this point and enjoying every minute of it. Gas mileage is pretty constant right now and we are happy with what we are getting. This car does not like city driving when it comes to MPG's though. The mileage drops like a rock and takes forever to climb back up. The Ghost got its first wash and wax a while back and so far it seems to be holding up well. One thing I am a bit disappointed in is that the driver's seat is starting to wrinkle and show wear. I don't like leather! :)

That happened to me the first day I brought my Explorer home from the dealership. I opened the rear hatch in the garage to adjust for height and I didn't stop it in time and the hatch hit the garage. It took a small chip out of the paint. I was so upset. About a month ago, I went to a concert and someone must have hit their door on my Explorer. I noticed a small dent on the passenger side of the vehicle. Now everywhere I go, I park very far away so no one parks next to me.

I'm at 5200 miles now. Most of my driving lately has been city driving. I'm averaging around 17 mpg in the city. My passenger leather seat is showing wrinkles as well on the left side. That's one negative thing about leather, but I prefer leather over cloth since it's much easier to clean.

Yes it would, RonJrSVCMGR. It also means F5 keys everywhere would wear out even faster. ;) Stay tuned for updates!

If they make that, you will be out of a job. :eek: (lets out a Chewbacca moan). just kidding...
Craig,

I’m not a “scruffy-looking nerf herder” so I’ll find other things to do! LOL :bsnicker:

...I opened the rear hatch in the garage to adjust for height and I didn't stop it in time and the hatch hit the garage. It took a small chip out of the paint...I noticed a small dent on the passenger side of the vehicle. Now everywhere I go, I park very far away so no one parks next to me...My passenger leather seat is showing wrinkles as well on the left side. That's one negative thing about leather, but I prefer leather over cloth since it's much easier to clean.
That’s too bad about the paint chip and the dent, boltsfan17. :( I also like parking far away to prevent that! Check out some techniques to keep your ride clean:

http://Owner.Ford.com/servlet/Conte...=1233679193749&parentrightrecid=1239636411265

Cory

Yes it would, RonJrSVCMGR. It also means F5 keys everywhere would wear out even faster. ;) Stay tuned for updates!

Craig,

I’m not a “scruffy-looking nerf herder” so I’ll find other things to do! LOL :bsnicker:

That’s too bad about the paint chip and the dent, boltsfan17. :( I also like parking far away to prevent that! Check out some techniques to keep your ride clean:

http://Owner.Ford.com/servlet/Conte...=1233679193749&parentrightrecid=1239636411265

Cory

Thanks for the link to the tips Cory. I definitely need to get some touch up paint.

Can you adjust the height on all of them or only the power lift ones? I don't have power lift, but would like to adjust the height of mine...could you let me know how if it is possible on the old school muscle lift doors, lol. Mine hits my garage, my ford emblem is pretty scratched up already. Thanks!

I believe that only the electric power lift hatches can be adjusted for height, (the mechanism is in the left strut). The SUV I traded for my Ex had a manual tailgate and I ended up putting foam pieces on the underside of the garage door after the first few whacks. They're still there just in case!

Nice ride you have there. This is one color we looked at before pulling the triger on the Platinum Tri Coat. Love the information in your thread by the way.

Thanks! The Ghost would have been Blue if the Dark Blue Pearl was still around, the wife was leaning toward that with the Sterling Gray as a very close second choice.

Matt,

Yes, that’s a Ford employee only resource. I heard something rumbling in the “rumor mill” they want to make a customer facing tracking tool. Shhh! You didn’t hear it from me!

Cory

If they make that, you will be out of a job. :eek: (lets out a Chewbacca moan). just kidding.

I can't wait to read about Vince's big trip later this year. :thumbsup:

We can't let Cory off that easy, gotta keep him busy one way or another, and passing along happy delivery news seems the more fun way :)

We are gearing up for the big trip. Gonna get the oil changed and the tires rotated first. If I have the time, I'll see if they can get some of the other little things fixed. We are soooo looking forward to it. Gonna be a great bonding opportunity to be sure!

That happened to me the first day I brought my Explorer home from the dealership. I opened the rear hatch in the garage to adjust for height and I didn't stop it in time and the hatch hit the garage. It took a small chip out of the paint. I was so upset. About a month ago, I went to a concert and someone must have hit their door on my Explorer. I noticed a small dent on the passenger side of the vehicle. Now everywhere I go, I park very far away so no one parks next to me.

I'm at 5200 miles now. Most of my driving lately has been city driving. I'm averaging around 17 mpg in the city. My passenger leather seat is showing wrinkles as well on the left side. That's one negative thing about leather, but I prefer leather over cloth since it's much easier to clean.

Hate to hear about the boo-boos on your car. We can all sympathize with your pain. You always hate seeing that first one!

The wrinkles in the seat will be one of the things I have checked on the car, along with the not as cold as I think it should be A/C, and the crooked liftgate (I'm still hesitant to have that repair attempted as I don't want them to screw it up worse, and it isn't that far off...).

Can you adjust the height on all of them or only the power lift ones? I don't have power lift, but would like to adjust the height of mine...could you let me know how if it is possible on the old school muscle lift doors, lol. Mine hits my garage, my ford emblem is pretty scratched up already. Thanks!

I believe that only the electric power lift hatches can be adjusted for height, (the mechanism is in the left strut). The SUV I traded for my Ex had a manual tailgate and I ended up putting foam pieces on the underside of the garage door after the first few whacks. They're still there just in case!

You called it trainman. There is no method that I know of to adjust the height of the manual liftgate.

As for the foam pieces, you can never be too careful! I have one installed on the inside latch of the garage door in case of accidental power liftgate activation.

As you now know, a few owners have taken precautions by installing foam or a similar barrier on the garage door.
Although I have the height adjustment, I may follow Vince's lead and install a protective barrier, just in case. :thumbsup:
The other option would be to back in assuming that would leave enough room to open the hatch.
I'm sure that you can always have the emblem replaced to once again match your nice blue vehicle. :)

Peter

Thanks for the link to the tips Cory. I definitely need to get some touch up paint.
You got it, boltsfan17! Here’s the URL for touch-up paint:

http://www.FordParts.com/Products/Chemicals-Paints.aspx

Before and after pics would be cool to show off your handy work. :)

Can you adjust the height on all of them or only the power lift ones?...
I’m sorry to hear about your emblem, bluex232. The 2013MY Explorer Owner Guide 1st Printing confirms there is no way to set the open height on the manual liftgate. Here are the details from page 80:

“Manual Liftgate
WARNING: Make sure that the liftgate is closed to prevent exhaust fumes from being drawn into the vehicle. This will also prevent passengers and cargo from falling out. If you must drive with the liftgate door open, keep the vehicle well ventilated so outside air comes into the vehicle.

Note: Be careful when opening or closing the liftgate in a garage or other enclosed area to avoid damaging the liftgate.

Note: Do not hang anything (bike rack, etc.) from the spoiler, glass or liftgate. This could damage the liftgate and its components.

Note: Do not leave the liftgate open while driving. This could damage the liftgate and its components.

The liftgate area is only intended for cargo, not passengers.”

How about a free digital copy of the Owner Guide? Grab one here:

http://Owner.Ford.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Owner/Page/OwnerGuidePage

I believe that only the electric power lift hatches can be adjusted for height...I ended up putting foam pieces on the underside of the garage door after the first few whacks. They're still there just in case!
As you now know, a few owners have taken precautions by installing foam or a similar barrier on the garage door...
grrtrainman & Peter,

Great suggestion on the foam; that’s clever! :D

...We can't let Cory off that easy, gotta keep him busy one way or another, and passing along happy delivery news seems the more fun way :)...
VinceL,

Bahaha! You’re so right; I love giving great news!

Cory

Thanks guys, thats what I figured, might have to try the foam piece...My garage is pretty tight so the thing opens so that the emblem is right on one of the metal...brackets(??) on the garage door. I always open it very slowly and gently set it against the door, but it still gets marks on it...it is nice that the emblem sticks out far enough to keep the door off the garage. I'd rather the emblem get scratched than the paint. Maybe after the foam is installed I will get one of the cute PINK emblems that I have been scoping online!! :cool:

Wow, turned 8000 miles yesterday. Keep pillin' them on. Still lovin' it :)

...Maybe after the foam is installed I will get one of the cute PINK emblems that I have been scoping online!! :cool:
I didn’t see your reply before, bluex232; I’m sure you ended up going with pink to go with the blue! :D

That’s awesome, VinceL! I hope you have a road trip lined up soon! When you do, make sure you have the “Road Trip” badge displayed:

http://www.Social.Ford.com/grab-a-badge/road+trip

Cory

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm at 8,100 now. I had to take an unexpected trip to Phoenix from central California. I put over 1,000 miles on that trip. The bad part for me is my Explorer is on a lease. I'm about double the mileage I should be at right now. I ended up ordering another Ford vehicle I'm purchasing, but I won't see it for a while since there is a production delay. When I get my car, I plan on parking the Explorer for a while and just using it on the weekend. I don't think my employer would be too happy if I turn in the Explorer they are paying for at the end of the lease with 100,000 miles on it...lol

Back