• Register Today It's free!

Hi, I'm Drummadude

Drummadude

Reaction score
City, State
Midwest
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer XLT Blue
I've been mulling around the forums for a bit now and wanted to join while I go through Explorer withdrawals.

I have a 2002 XLT that had the infamous hinge failure. I took it in at the end of June for an "emergency repair" under the recall, and to my amazement, the part does not exist in the entire world!

I'm due to get my truck back in a week hopefully so I wanted to join the forum and talk Explorer stuff!

P.S. I complained to Ford and the dealership's manager and got a rental car. Nothing is like an Explorer though! ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome! Hope you get your truck back soon. Would love to see what shade of blue your ex is.

I think the color is Wedgewood Blue. It's never been waxed and it still shines.

Thanks for the welcome! To clarify, there was a recall in 2004 and before I inherited the truck, it was never fixed. So I'm waiting patiently for them to manufacture the hinges and replace them for free.

Besides having to add an extra length of wiring to the airbag connector under the driver's seat, because I'm 6' 3" and Ford didn't put in a long wire, and replacing wheel bearings and hinges, it's a great truck!

Back