Hi, please help! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hi, please help!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A few questions...
1. What size wheel are you looking at, and what are the offset ratios? Your link wasn't displaying anything.
2. What size tires will be going on them?
3. You also may need to put a leveling kit on in order to keep it from seriously rubbing. I've had to already trim a lot out because of the rubbing.
I now have 17x8 Cragar soft 8s with 0 offset. Running 265/70/17r. It's not just wheels that you need to look at!

A few questions...
1. What size wheel are you looking at, and what are the offset ratios? Your link wasn't displaying anything.
2. What size tires will be going on them?
3. You also may need to put a leveling kit on in order to keep it from seriously rubbing. I've had to already trim a lot out because of the rubbing.
I now have 17x8 Cragar soft 8s with 0 offset. Running 265/70/17r. It's not just wheels that you need to look at!

So the rims are 16x8 Black Rock type 8 with a 13 offset. my main worry is the offset, i feel it may be too much. the tires im not so worried about, ill find something that works. How is that 0 offset treating you??

It doesn't wobble as bad going through turns like it did with the stock wheels and larger tires. It also beats installing spacers on and putting the entire SUV at risk. As you can see in the picture I think 0 offset looks fine. It's your choice though. 13 would be a little much without a lift and it'll probably rub.

Back