Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Hid conversion upgrade

Discussion in 'Modified 2002 - 2005 Explorers' started by Oehme, August 7, 2013.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. Oehme

Oehme New Member

City, State:
    maine
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2003 explorer
    looking for some advise has any one replaced their stock head light bulbs and installed an HID conversion kit and had pretty good luck with the kit if you could can you forward the the sellers name to me also did you have to install any extra component to keep the new bulbs from flickering and giving a fault code any help in this matter will be appreciated.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. jsotomar

jsotomar Member

City, State:
    Philadelphia, PA
    2002 Ford Explorer XLT
    DDM Tuning. Their HID's cost a little more than ebay crap ones, but are very good. get 35w or 55w , and $10 more you get the error cancellation plugs. You also need the relay harness too, but you can get this for $10 on ebay.

4. Papichulo1767

Papichulo1767 New Member

City, State:
    Miami, FL
    2003 Explorer XLT
    I got mine installed this past weekend. Came with everything needed to do the install correctly. http://www.vvme.com/

5. jsotomar

jsotomar Member

City, State:
    Philadelphia, PA
    2002 Ford Explorer XLT
    I bought vvme from ebay about 3 years ago. It crapped out a little over 2 months after installing them. Also bought Xentec for my brother, which lasted 3 months

6. 06xlt

06xlt New Member

City, State:
    Denver, CO
    2004 XLT V6

I have DDM in my 2004 Explorer. No need for error cancellation or relay harnesses.

Great kit, still going after 3.5+ years.

7. jsotomar

jsotomar Member

City, State:
    Philadelphia, PA
    2002 Ford Explorer XLT
    I have the DDM 55W on my lows. Once finished installing, the right low beam kept blowing while connected to stock harness. 35W should be ok on stock, but if purchasing 55W, it requires a relay harness because this will be too much wattage going through the stock wires. Error cancellation was bought only to prevent something from happening. Since their products come from china :)scratch:), wouldnt want to put a 2nd order in just to get the stuff you think you didnt need.

Besides, a $17 difference will protect your electrical system in the long run.

8. Torqueranger

Torqueranger Active Member

99 ford explorer 5.0l
    Has anyone every ran 55w Hid and have any problems with cops or other drives???

9. therover1991

therover1991 Active Member

City, State:
    Queens, New York
    02 XLT
    Ive gotten flashed a few times here and there, cops no issues.

Also I run two sets of 55W HIDs, and my stereo off the stock alternator and battery and I have not had issues with the lights, no harnesses needed.