• Register Today It's free!

Hid conversion upgrade

Oehme

Reaction score
City, State
maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 explorer
looking for some advise has any one replaced their stock head light bulbs and installed an HID conversion kit and had pretty good luck with the kit if you could can you forward the the sellers name to me also did you have to install any extra component to keep the new bulbs from flickering and giving a fault code any help in this matter will be appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

DDM Tuning. Their HID's cost a little more than ebay crap ones, but are very good. get 35w or 55w , and $10 more you get the error cancellation plugs. You also need the relay harness too, but you can get this for $10 on ebay.

I bought vvme from ebay about 3 years ago. It crapped out a little over 2 months after installing them. Also bought Xentec for my brother, which lasted 3 months

DDM Tuning. Their HID's cost a little more than ebay crap ones, but are very good. get 35w or 55w , and $10 more you get the error cancellation plugs. You also need the relay harness too, but you can get this for $10 on ebay.

I have DDM in my 2004 Explorer. No need for error cancellation or relay harnesses.

Great kit, still going after 3.5+ years.

I have the DDM 55W on my lows. Once finished installing, the right low beam kept blowing while connected to stock harness. 35W should be ok on stock, but if purchasing 55W, it requires a relay harness because this will be too much wattage going through the stock wires. Error cancellation was bought only to prevent something from happening. Since their products come from china :)scratch:), wouldnt want to put a 2nd order in just to get the stuff you think you didnt need.

Besides, a $17 difference will protect your electrical system in the long run.

I have the DDM 55W on my lows. Once finished installing, the right low beam kept blowing while connected to stock harness. 35W should be ok on stock, but if purchasing 55W, it requires a relay harness because this will be too much wattage going through the stock wires. Error cancellation was bought only to prevent something from happening. Since their products come from china :)scratch:), wouldnt want to put a 2nd order in just to get the stuff you think you didnt need.

Besides, a $17 difference will protect your electrical system in the long run.
Has anyone every ran 55w Hid and have any problems with cops or other drives???

Has anyone every ran 55w Hid and have any problems with cops or other drives???

Ive gotten flashed a few times here and there, cops no issues.

Also I run two sets of 55W HIDs, and my stereo off the stock alternator and battery and I have not had issues with the lights, no harnesses needed.

Back