• Register Today It's free!

High MAF Reference Voltage

MistahYebba

Reaction score
City, State
Clearwater, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Explorer XLT
I've got a 5.9V on the MAF harness (unplugged and KOEO) where it should be my 5V Reference.

Do I have a problem here? If so, does anyone have any tips for tracking this sucker down?

Let me know. :)

I'm having serious drivability issues, so I'm trying to narrow down the issue.

Shoutout to [MENTION=241671]natenkiki2004[/MENTION], that's my bae. <3 LOL. (got your relays by the way!)

--------

Also, just out of curiosity in case anyone on here knows..

A few days ago, shaking or punching my Power Distribution Box would activate my fuel pump. This would only happen with the KEY OFF, but in the ignition. In other words, NOT TURNED AT ALL. Not even on accessories.

In fact, if the key was on, punching it would do nothing.

Also, if the key was out completely, punching it would also do nothing.

Does anyone have an explanation on why the key being simply in the ignition would make punching it activate the fuel pump?

I dismantled my PDB and re-seated the relays... the problems seems to have gone away, but that doesn't explain why it only happened with Key In, Key Off...

Thanks! :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

About the only thing I can think of is bad voltage regulators on the computer. Backprobe all the sensors while they're plugged in and see if you get 5.9 again.

About the only thing I can think of is bad voltage regulators on the computer. Backprobe all the sensors while they're plugged in and see if you get 5.9 again.

Why would the TPS be okay?

And I really need to learn the other sensors!! There's got to be more!

Coolant temp sensor is under the Throttle Body?

But yes.. backprobing coming up next! I'll have to take note of which pin is the reference this time :) Plug it back in and shove some paperclips up in there, right?!

Man oh man this truck is gonna be the death of me.

ScannerDanner Premium for $100/Yr.. hmmm tempting.

**Edit**

Nate you can't be the only genius on these threads!

Absolutely no shoving of paperclips. Gently resting is ok. The last thing you want to do is damage the pins/connectors. But yes... whatever you can get in there.

Aside from the MAF & TPS, there's the IAT and ECT, they are 2-pin round connectors towards the top of the engine.

**edit** let's bring this back to the main post if no one else is gonna reply.. :(

Back