Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

High or Low

Discussion in 'General Explorations!!' started by AlaskanWolf, September 27, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. AlaskanWolf

AlaskanWolf New Member

City, State:
      Fairfax, VA
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1993 Limited 4x4
      Oh, side note, I'll be in Hatteras the weekend of the 11th to the 14th in October. But, if anyone else has been following the long debate of "Hi or Low" on the www.reddrumtackle.com forum, it seems to be a stale mate there. I've always gone in High on the sand, some people are arguing to always air down and drive in low to put the stress on the transfer case rather then the tranny. Anyone have any opinions on which their truck did best with?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Broccoli1

Broccoli1 Active Member

City, State:
      Los Angeles CA
      Explorer '93 xlt
      4 Hi and aired down( but not alway ness.) You want the vehicle to ride on top of the sand at a steady pace so as not to dig in and bury yourself.

IMO

4. AlaskanWolf

AlaskanWolf New Member

City, State:
      Fairfax, VA
      1993 Limited 4x4
      I have always aired down and never gotten stuck *knocks on wood* I was just wondering how people felt on those few people that suggest leaving 4wd in low ALWAYS on the sand and if it puts less strain on the trannie in the long run. Im asking from a mechanical stand point, not really from a "how to keep from getting stuck" stand point.