Solved - Hissing noise from under the passenger's side of the dashboard. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solved Hissing noise from under the passenger's side of the dashboard.

Prefix for threads that contain problems that have been resolved, and there is an answer within the thread.

2010Adrenalin

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Sport Trac Adrenalin
I was riding home in my 2010 sport track and all the sudden I heard a loud hissing sound coming from under the dashboard on the passenger side. My ac was only blowing through the top vents. Does this mean a vaccuum leak? I just bought the truck a week ago :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Also when all the ac controls are turned off there is still a hissing noise!

I was riding home in my 2010 sport track and all the sudden I heard a loud hissing sound coming from under the dashboard on the passenger side. My ac was only blowing through the top vents. Does this mean a vaccuum leak? I just bought the truck a week ago :(

How many miles are on it, 2010Adrenalin? If you run into difficulty tracking down the sound, you can always get this into the hands of your Ford Dealership. Keep us in the loop. :thumbsup:

Crystal

Little white valve looking thing on the outside of the firewall on the passenger sided. Odds are its stuck open. Pretty common. Check the 4th gen explorer forums.

It only has 66k on it. The hissing stops when I accelerate then gets louder once the acceleration let's off. I will be checking the lines and see if the plastic is cracked. I just bought the truck from ford a week ago :( will let everyone know what it is

So I found the problem. Looked under my dash and the main vacuum line was unhooked. Now that I think about it the guy who rode with me last night had pushed the floor mat all the way up under the dash. He probably knocked the line off. Easy fix! Thanks for the suggestions. Glad I didn't have to take it to the dealer :)

Back