Hood Lettering | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mike127

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer LTD 4WD
Okay, so I want to get some letters made to put on the hood like the 2011 ford explorers @ the 2010 sema show.

I know that "Futura is the Land Rover font and Eurostile is the Range Rover lettering font" b/c FLOFFROAD posted this in a past post on this topic.

Now, I was looking at Eurostile Obliuqe and it kind of looked like it but I'm not sure. It may not even be either of these. If you can help me find the font I'd really appreciate it :D

Then maybe you guys could suggest someone to make the lettering. I'm hoping they don't cost an arm and a leg...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Okay, so I want to get some letters made to put on the hood like the 2011 ford explorers @ the 2010 sema show.

I know that "Futura is the Land Rover font and Eurostile is the Range Rover lettering font" b/c FLOFFROAD posted this in a past post on this topic.

Now, I was looking at Eurostile Obliuqe and it kind of looked like it but I'm not sure. It may not even be either of these. If you can help me find the font I'd really appreciate it :D

Then maybe you guys could suggest someone to make the lettering. I'm hoping they don't cost an arm and a leg...

How about the gold stick-on mailbox numbers/letters from Home Depot? ;)

What exactly do you want done? Usually for lettering on a vehicle like by Range Rover, etc is not a actual font but a design. Ford example, the Explorer lettering is a actual logo and not a font.

What exactly do you want done? Usually for lettering on a vehicle like by Range Rover, etc is not a actual font but a design. Ford example, the Explorer lettering is a actual logo and not a font.

I just want to figure out where I can get letters like these made.
I like the top ones better visually but the bottom style match the rear hatch better...?

I'd actually love to replace the Ford Emblems with something else also or else maybe change the blue into white.

2011_ford_explorer-galpin-autosports-sema_f34_ns_101510_717.jpg

1011trweb_034+2010_sema_show+white_ford_explorer.jpg

If I can't I guess I'll just have to make a trip to Home Depot, lol

Order the rear/side badge from a '98 to early 3rd gen Ex? The letters are all separate.

CLICK

Auto Zone also carriers chrome letters.

A graphic designer I know told me that a copyrighted or trademark (can't remember which, think it was trademark) requires a "unique" font. The Rover fonts, and the Explorer font, are quite likely custom fonts developed in-house or by their design/marketing folks. That said, I bet a call to one of the SEMA exhibitors could yield results....

@ Joe Dirt: Thanks, those are nice but too small for the hood. It'd work on the door if someone wanted to place them there I suppose.

@ SJR033: I'll definitely take a look, thanks for the tip

@ RandyH2: I emailed CGS Motor Sports about the lettering on the Hood and the Type of Rims they used on their SEMA cars and never got a respose. I guess they don't want to "share" their industry secrets or something :mad: Maybe a phone call will make them more "willing" to help out

I've already got a Lund bug hood shield but don't want to install it yet until I'm sure I can't get the letters. If I find the letters I'll just sell the hood shield.

@ Joe Dirt: Thanks, those are nice but too small for the hood. It'd work on the door if someone wanted to place them there I suppose.

@ SJR033: I'll definitely take a look, thanks for the tip

@ RandyH2: I emailed CGS Motor Sports about the lettering on the Hood and the Type of Rims they used on their SEMA cars and never got a respose. I guess they don't want to "share" their industry secrets or something :mad: Maybe a phone call will make them more "willing" to help out

I've already got a Lund bug hood shield but don't want to install it yet until I'm sure I can't get the letters. If I find the letters I'll just sell the hood shield.

I'd say call and talk to Casey, he actually owns the Explorer that they used the first time they went to SEMA. Just don't buy their products! You've been warned!

Something to consider about those letters on the hood: probably will trap dirt/bugs/grime, not sure that I would want letters in that area...

I just want to figure out where I can get letters like these made.
Any good graphics designer could look at those pics and come up with something close. They could produce a file that you could take to a sign shop that does vinyl work and they could cut them out for you.

Could cost you a couple hundred by the time you got it finished. The first one is the most expensive.

But you could have multiple sets produced and sell them to everyone else who thinks your Explorer looks cool! :D

It would probably be worth calling the sign shops in the vicinity of CGS Motorsports to see if you can find the one they used. The shop may still have the files. If so, the lettering itself is cheap.

I'd say call and talk to Casey, he actually owns the Explorer that they used the first time they went to SEMA. Just don't buy their products! You've been warned!

Do you know how to contact Casey?

A nearby dealer is selling Explorers with their own "appearance package" that includes the letters you are looking for. They have these on the showroom floor. I wish I had a picture, they look pretty good.
Try to contact them and see if you can work out something.
It's Hempstead Ford. http://hempsteadlmonline.dealerconnection.com

I like the look of the letters across the Hood too. Anyone have luck finding them yet?

A nearby dealer is selling Explorers with their own "appearance package" that includes the letters you are looking for. They have these on the showroom floor. I wish I had a picture, they look pretty good.
Try to contact them and see if you can work out something.
It's Hempstead Ford. http://hempsteadlmonline.dealerconnection.com

Thanks GregV8. I had to make several calls but finally am now waiting for someone to email me some pictures of the package you told us about. Hopefully we will be able to get some good ideas from this and the pricing. They only do it locally up there in NY unfortunately but (Ralph) said they may be able to sell the parts for a DIY option.

It includes:
- Hood lettering
- Land rover style vents
- Sport under the vents in chrome lettering
- Walnut interior trim
- Clear bra and bumper protector
- Led inside Healights
- Price ? Waiting for pictures before I ask about parts pricing.

I'll post here as soon as I get the information

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thats not what I was tuned in for, I prefer the SEMA Ex look.

Back