List of Useful Threads - Hood Paint bubble issue only | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2013 xlt

I have been to 2 dealers 1st dealer took pictures but lost them and now said to come back to try again which was done and lost again. Took to another dealer today, said Ford will not cover this I have 6 blister spots and paint is starting to flake off. 2nd dealer said nothing they could do because Ford will not cover. This is my 8th explorer and 17th Ford and have never had any paint issues on previous vehicles. I am not happy at all with workmanship of this.

I have been to 2 dealers 1st dealer took pictures but lost them and now said to come back to try again which was done and lost again. Took to another dealer today, said Ford will not cover this I have 6 blister spots and paint is starting to flake off...

Send a PM my way, ronco; I want to look into this. To get the ball rolling, I'll need your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and preferred servicing dealership. I'll start checking out options.

Crystal

I have been to 2 dealers 1st dealer took pictures but lost them and now said to come back to try again which was done and lost again. Took to another dealer today, said Ford will not cover this I have 6 blister spots and paint is starting to flake off. 2nd dealer said nothing they could do because Ford will not cover. This is my 8th explorer and 17th Ford and have never had any paint issues on previous vehicles. I am not happy at all with workmanship of this.
Probably none of the other Fords had an aluminum hood. I believe aluminum requires a different cleaning/prep before painting.

BTW, others in this thread have had the issue fixed under warranty.

Peter

Probably none of the other Fords had an aluminum hood. I believe aluminum requires a different cleaning/prep before painting.

BTW, others in this thread have had the issue fixed under warranty.

Peter

I believe F-150's since 2009 have had aluminum hoods. No idea if they have had any similar issues.

All 4dr Explorers have had aluminum hoods and front fenders since 2002. If you find steel instead it has obviously been in an accident and repaired with aftermarket parts.

Send a PM my way, ronco; I want to look into this. To get the ball rolling, I'll need your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and preferred servicing dealership. I'll start checking out options.

Crystal

Crystal, PM sent, maybe you can help me, too. Thanks.

Just to add to this, the paint on the leading edge of my '11 Explorer bubbled and it was covered under warranty with no problems.

I believe much of the problem is with individual dealers not wanting to handle the work.

Can somebody post a pic specifying where exactly is this problem... My warranty is about to expire and i want to be sure the Explorer does not have this issue.

Thanks in advance..

Crystal thanks for you help, I spoke to Ford rep yesterday they are repairing issue with my vehicle

Ronco

I have the same issue with the paint on the leading edge of my hood. Ford has said that it will not be fixed since the vehicle is ouside of the mileage warranty. This whole process and the way I have been treated by Ford and it's representatives has left a VERY sour taste in my mouth about Ford Motor Company and it's products.

If anyone is still under the warranty, CHECK YOUR PAINT! and get it fixed under warranty!

I think this is the last Ford product I will ever purchase. I understand that every manufacturer has it's share of problems, but the way I have been treated by Ford has been unacceptable.

I have been trying to get mine fixed for months now, and it is still unresolved.

I have the same issue with the paint on the leading edge of my hood. Ford has said that it will not be fixed since the vehicle is ouside of the mileage warranty. This whole process and the way I have been treated by Ford and it's representatives has left a VERY sour taste in my mouth about Ford Motor Company and it's products.

If anyone is still under the warranty, CHECK YOUR PAINT! and get it fixed under warranty!

I think this is the last Ford product I will ever purchase. I understand that every manufacturer has it's share of problems, but the way I have been treated by Ford has been unacceptable.

I have been trying to get mine fixed for about 9 months now, and it is still unresolved.

Have you asked Crystal here on the Forum to open a case number for you?

Crystal thanks for you help, I spoke to Ford rep yesterday they are repairing issue with my vehicle

Ronco

You're welcome, ronco; I'm glad I was able to help! :thumbsup:

I have the same issue with the paint on the leading edge of my hood...

Check out your inbox for my message, powderhound77; I'll see what I can do to assist.

Crystal

2012 explorer paint issues

I just noticed 2 places on the hood where the paint is starting to bubble. Its on the edge & wraps to the underside of the hood where there is white powder under the paint almost like when aluminum starts to corrode. I have 15k local miles on this. Is the paint covered by the warranty? Is this a known issue?

I just noticed 2 places on the hood where the paint is starting to bubble. Its on the edge & wraps to the underside of the hood where there is white powder under the paint almost like when aluminum starts to corrode. I have 15k local miles on this. Is the paint covered by the warranty? Is this a known issue?
As mentioned in my PM, I have merged your thread with this one on the same issue. Good luck.

Peter

All 4dr Explorers have had aluminum hoods and front fenders since 2002. If you find steel instead it has obviously been in an accident and repaired with aftermarket parts.

I bought it brand new off the lot. Service person I spoke to at my local Ford dealer said that it was steel but by the corrosion its obvious that its aluminum.

I have been trying to get mine fixed for months now, and it is still unresolved.

I placed a call to the dealer & they told me to bring it in so they can look at it. I hope there is a better fix than just throwing more paint on it.
I am getting fed up as well. You spend a small fortune for something that you expect to last you at the very least 10 years. I still cant believe I had to have an argument over (and lost) whether they were going to replace my serpentine belt because it was slipping due to a defective tensioner pulley.

I bought it brand new off the lot. Service person I spoke to at my local Ford dealer said that it was steel but by the corrosion its obvious that its aluminum.
I doubt the fenders are aluminum. I used a magnet to test this and while it did not stick to the hood, it did stick to the fenders. I don't believe aluminum is magnetic.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I doubt the fenders are aluminum. I used a magnet to test this and while it did not stick to the hood, it did stick to the fenders. I don't believe aluminum is magnetic.

Peter

Wow, That would mean the fenders are steel. I am positive the 02-10 trucks have aluminum fenders though.

Back