Hood scoop! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hood scoop!

Can you put up a picture of it when you get done putting it on? I dont know if they make one for the explorer I have but I was looking on www.mysporttrac.com and they had a how to, on a shaker system for an '02 st, i think that the front end on that is like the sport not the 4dr.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Alec,

What are you gonna use it for? Looks or function?
Cowl induction or just to release heat?

Looking good so far, I plan to put a scoop in my hood eventually, but I am also thinking a fiberglass hood with a cowl, and I will blend it all in, no sticky tape or rivets for me....

It's for heat extraction. It's just going on the hood, making a shaker bracket would require too much fab work and would result in less heat extraction.

Hopefully it will cool things down under there.

What about the louvers? Did you consider those, I think they look GREAT!

For some reason I'd rather cut a single hole in my hood than stamp lots of little ones. And I'd rather do the scoop than the plastic louvers. The scoop should also be easier than either.

Well if you've got it use it! After you install that cowl scoop have you considered mounting an intercooler in there? hehehe or at least finish up a cold air intake with it. :)

Looking good so far...........love the fenders. Any plans for the rear flares?

Can't wait to see it!
When is the next Galveston area Explorers meeting?:rolleyes:

an intercooler won't work without $$$ and 3-4 more inches of hood clearance. I'd have to get it custom done.

My intake isn't changing. This is for looks and cooling.

Won't get the rears unless I go with 35"s ;)

No company that i've seen yet had designed a hood for the X. If you hafta custom do it untill a hood comes out i say DO IT UP!

Dragmasta,
If you can send me a check for $2500, I'll get the intercooler and hood ASAP!

LOL if i had the xtra $$ i'd hand it ova but unfortunatly im not rich.. Save up! That's what im doing...:D $2500 for the finished hood. Quite expensive now i c your point!

well no, $2500 for the custom hood I'd need and the intercooler.

This hood scoop is costing in total about $200.

Yea well the intercooler will sure run your pockets dry but will sure keep your X runnin cool!:eek:

Got it in the mail today! It's probably going on next weekend, or at least by early November.

Here are some pics of it. It is gonna be trimmed and cleaned up, it won't have that lip anymore. It's most likely going on with a rubber 2 sided tape and bolts.

Attachments

• imag0001.jpg
    imag0001.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 267

Attachments

• imag0002.jpg
    imag0002.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 277

keep in mind it's going on as a cowl scoop. It is about half the length of my hood.

Attachments

• imag0004.jpg
    imag0004.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 304

who's that twat in front of you with the camera?

looks like a shifty character to me...

Hood scoop ?

What do you think of this scoop?

Boss Mustang
Dimensions: 27.5" length, 3.5" height, 20.75 to 19.5" width

Attachments

• mustang1.jpg
    mustang1.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 200

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

.... and another view....

Attachments

• mustang2.jpg
    mustang2.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 206

Back