Hood Struts ?? | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hood Struts ??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can some one supply the email for Redline to be able to say I want one also so they can see a market demand so to speak?
I could not find the email on their website.

Thanks
In addition to the address supplied above. Check post #19.

Peter

Wonder if we can get a group deal

Be nice not to work around the rod and hopefully the raise hood higher, they are great on my '16 Lariat.

tick-tick-tick-tick?

As mentioned before, there likely isn't much of a demand for them. If there was they wouldn't be dragging this out for so long. My 2014 MKT had the struts and like my 2011 Explorer, I'm now back to the prop rod. No big deal for me and obviously many others by the way things are going.

Peter

That's one of the differences between the Lincoln and Ford.Oh,well.

Hello Everyone,
Rest assured the Explorer Hood QuickLIFT system will be released soon. :thumbsup: We had to design a few special components for this system to be 100% bolt in and they are currently being produced by our suppliers. Once we have everything in stock and ready to ship, we will let you know (hopefully by Mid June). :bounce:
Regards,
Andreas

Nice! In for one.

Purchased the one from Hongkong accurate now (earlier traded with this eBay adress without problems)...I will give an update and pictures after I got the item...

Purchased the one from Hongkong accurate now (earlier traded with this eBay adress without problems)...I will give an update and pictures after I got the item...

I'm not seeing anything like this on eBay.

Problem is only if and when Redline "comes out"...but yes, more factory-like...but how offen and how long I open the hood...
A real (and common) problem is how the struts will work after "temperature-load" when the engine was some hours in action...

Problem is only if and when Redline "comes out"...but yes, more factory-like...but how offen and how long I open the hood...
A real (and common) problem is how the struts will work after "temperature-load" when the engine was some hours in action...

We're looking at a month or so for the Redline. Here's their design philosophy:

• No compromise design - Every new QuickLIFT application we release is designed for the vehicle. We do not compromise the design by placing the gas springs in poor locations just to be 'bolt-in'. All of our systems are professionally designed and meant to lift and hold your hood in strong winds - our competitors do NOT.

Hopefully they will be more like the ones I had on my previous MKT as shown in post #11. They are shorter and less likely to interfere with side access to the engine compartment.

Peter

We will see what (really) happens !

We're looking at a month or so for the Redline. Here's their design philosophy:

• No compromise design - Every new QuickLIFT application we release is designed for the vehicle. We do not compromise the design by placing the gas springs in poor locations just to be 'bolt-in'. All of our systems are professionally designed and meant to lift and hold your hood in strong winds - our competitors do NOT.

No matter what their design is, it's not going to be far different than what Daheim111 bought, there are only so many options of where to install the struts. It kind of makes you wonder why Ford did not install them in the first place. Was it because of cost, accessible engine maintenance, etc. I'd be shocked if the cost would have exceeded $50 for Ford per vehicle based on economies of scale, competition from vendors, etc.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back