• Register Today It's free!

Horn location

seatflipper

Reaction score
City, State
MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 FPIU
Horn doesn't work on my 2013, and dealers are backed up for at least a week. Need to get the horn working for inspection (duct taping an air horn to the spotlight shaft didn't work for the station) and I know they must've done something to the wiring for the handsfree on the siren. I called an install shop and they said the modification is probably in the engine bay near the horn, so where is the horn located? I've looked, but all I've found is a siren speaker behind the bumper cover. I know it's working because the station tested it at the relay box, and when I hit the panic button on my fob the hazards flash and there's a clicking noise around the horn button, so I just need to repair the wire that runs directly to the horn somewhere along the way. Any and all info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Horn doesn't work on my 2013, and dealers are backed up for at least a week. Need to get the horn working for inspection (duct taping an air horn to the spotlight shaft didn't work for the station) and I know they must've done something to the wiring for the handsfree on the siren. I called an install shop and they said the modification is probably in the engine bay near the horn, so where is the horn located? I've looked, but all I've found is a siren speaker behind the bumper cover. I know it's working because the station tested it at the relay box, and when I hit the panic button on my fob the hazards flash and there's a clicking noise around the horn button, so I just need to repair the wire that runs directly to the horn somewhere along the way. Any and all info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
On my 2017 the horns are located right by the hood latch. Not sure if yours is the same.

Peter

Horn3.JPG

Factory horn on a 13 is under bumper below the driver's fender.. its bolted to the frame rail ,check wiring under the dash first my horns were inop on my piu when I bought it and they cut the purple signal wire under the dash I assumed to wire in the siren

Yep, figured it out and just had to repair a wire, about to make a post on how to do that and splice in cigarette lighters with the OEM panel

Yep, figured it out and just had to repair a wire, about to make a post on how to do that and splice in cigarette lighters with the OEM panel
What wire did you repair to get it to work?

There's a gray/purple wire loop that runs down the left side of the radio. It works with the police equipment that is normally taken out before sold off. When they pull the equipment out, they cut the wires.
Just connect the 2 wires together and your radio should work fine.

..........Just connect the 2 wires together and your radio should work fine.
Did you mean horn instead of radio?

Peter

That's a horn loop to wire an air horn into the steering wheel horn button.

I'm having the same issue! Where did you find your wire?

I'm having the same issue! Where did you find your wire?
The wire is under the climate control panel on the left side. My 17 FPIU was white wire. All I did was using the test light try to find my 12v output. I accidentally trigger the horn. So I reconnected the white wire. The horn is working now.

Back