Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Hot air always!!! Hot air coming through vents

Discussion in 'A/C & Heater systems - HVAC' started by vezul22, June 29, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. vezul22

vezul22 New Member

I drive a 98 AWD Explorer. I bought it in 2005, at which time the air temperature control was not working. So essentially, I could either get hot air with the heater or vents on, and cold air with the AC. But I could turn the system off and close the vents as well. A while ago, the AC stopped working and at the same time my vents started blowing out hot air. The air gets hotter as I drive more miles, and it blows from all vents in the truck, including the ones by my feet. There is no way to shut it off, and AC does nothing. I have read a bit about blend doors and am not sure if that is my problem. PLease let me know what you think.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. acschilling

acschilling Active Member

City, State:
      CO
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      92 XLT
      Holy hell...no help. I get the reason for the question because searching symptoms of this brings up nothing useful. We already know the AC is out but why will only hot air come through all the vents no matter the blue/red setting. I havea 92 and can't find anything useful. Hope you found help.

4. 2TimingTom

2TimingTom Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Littleton, Colorado
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      '97 XLT
      Search: "blend door actuator".