Hot air always!!! Hot air coming through vents | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hot air always!!! Hot air coming through vents

vezul22

Reaction score
I drive a 98 AWD Explorer. I bought it in 2005, at which time the air temperature control was not working. So essentially, I could either get hot air with the heater or vents on, and cold air with the AC. But I could turn the system off and close the vents as well. A while ago, the AC stopped working and at the same time my vents started blowing out hot air. The air gets hotter as I drive more miles, and it blows from all vents in the truck, including the ones by my feet. There is no way to shut it off, and AC does nothing. I have read a bit about blend doors and am not sure if that is my problem. PLease let me know what you think.

Holy hell...no help. I get the reason for the question because searching symptoms of this brings up nothing useful. We already know the AC is out but why will only hot air come through all the vents no matter the blue/red setting. I havea 92 and can't find anything useful. Hope you found help.

Back