how bad have you been ?? | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

how bad have you been ??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

zooooom

I got pulled over on my ninja, racing a firebird. I was doing 145 in a 45 zone. the cop said he was behind me doing 90 and losing me fast. he found me while i was stopped in a kfc parking lot. I had no motorcycle lic. and had just gotten my insurance 2 days prior. I thought i was going to jail. he took all my info and went to run my record. the other cop that was with him was telling me how screwed i was and that i would never ride a bike again. oh, did I mention that this was the night before I left for Boot Camp!!! I decided to get out my papers and give them to the nice officer. He started telling me how his son was in the military and how proud he was of him. AWWWW. This was all at about 2:30 in the morning so there were not too many cars out on the road. a mustang came haul'n down the road and threw some fire crackers at us. I think that they thought it was gun shots and they dropped to the ground. they told me that they never wanted to see me in their city again and took off after the Stang.
I did the speed limit all the way home that night. I was shaking the whole time.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

In a car the highest I have been ticketed was for 15mph over the limit on the interstate (70mph here in MI). I paid all my tickets because they were usually too far from my house to go to, plus in most cases I was really doing 140mph but just happened to pass the cop while slowed down in traffic...lol

The most classic where I thought I was going to be halled off to jail was on my new 2001 Yamaha FZ1 motorcycle. It was cold, very cold out so I was trying to get from Big Rapids, MI to Detroit, MI. I was doing up to 165mph indicated, I must of passed a cop going the other way and he ended up turning around, he said the last time he clocked me I was doing 115mph in a 70mph zone....but I was still pulling away from him very fast. Sad part was it was so cold I was laying on the gas tank to be close to the engine heat as possible so I could not see behind me, he was behind me he claimed for 12 miles...LOL I guess he only cought up to me because I was slowing for traffic but at the time I was thinking that people were being nice as they were moving over for me quickly...lol Ops...Guess they were moving for the cop, not me...hahaha I was cuffed and stuffed but let go with a 85mph in a 70mph ticket, he wrote on the ticket actual speed 115mph.....he told me NOT to fight this one, I just paid it. In MI it was like only $120.

From that I learned not to stop. So in VA on a bike trip, my friend on my second bike (1999 Ninja EX250) and me on the Yamaha FZ1 flew by a cop at 80mph on I81. Cop flicked his lights on (this was at dusk), and I took off up to 150-165mph, used the right shoulder to pass 18-wheelers, and went a few exist down the road never slowing down, got off and remembered that cops usually go right so I went left across the bridge and went left again and hid in bushes on the side of some back road. It was a good spot because I could see the interstate. I heard a car come flying across the bridge, and at the end where I was at did a U-turn real quick and speed back across the bridge. To this day I believe it was a cop, I could not see the car and did not want to as I was hiding at that point. After 15-20 mins I decided I would try and find my friend, at worst case I would buy a map (we were going to Blacksburg, VA) and see if he was at the local hotel there or at the Mexican resturant. I headed over to the otherside of the interstate to a BP station and filled up. My friend came pulling up, told me he got a ticket for 10mph over the limit. Later on he said he pulled off at the first exit as he thought for sure the cop was going after me...so he just stopped at the end of the exit ramp and a few mins later the cop pulled up. Also another cop came and in front of him was talking about another biker that was racing and that they were looking for him.....LOL I believe I was very lucky, not only were they going to get me for probably wreckless but for racing and who knows what else. We got back on the interstate and rode to Blacksburg that was 10 miles up the road...no problem what-so-ever...hmmmm

The stupidest ticket I've ever gotton was for "driving without headlights when required".

It was a bright moon that night and I could see fine without the dang headlights- thats what I thought until the cop pulled me over and gave mne $75 ticket :nono: I learned my lesson and now I allways use my headlamps at night!

I got pulled over the other day. I was going 55 in a 30 :burnout: The cop asked me what I thought the problem was and i said "I might have been driving a little fast." then he said "yea and what else." I said i didnt know. then he just told me to put my front license plate back on, said "nice rig," went back to his car and drove off.
I havent sped since, because there would be no way i could afford a ticket like that :banghead: man, when i saw his lights flashing in my rear-view mirror i almost crapped my pants.

Explorer_X-

I bet you crapped your pants because you still owe me money. :cool:

I hope this will finally get you to slow down. Or at least for a while. :rolleyes:

This was a NO NO :nono:

:D I guess I will put my plate back on also.

Got Another! I was driving home from school doing about 60 and I met this cop on top of a hill and didn't think anything of it until when I went up the next hill I seen his car coming and I slowed down to 55 and slipped on my seat belt . he pulled me over checked my plates and license and gave me a ticket for no seatbelt and said" your lucky you put your seatbelt on." and left I was shocked 50 dollar fine plead guilty.

i have 15 tickets and 8 accedents and 1 driving to indave evolving sereous injury thas for that lst 3 year i dont now what the other two years are but there high to

i have 15 tickets and 8 accedents and 1 driving to indave evolving sereous injury thas for that lst 3 year i dont now what the other two years are but there high to
Maybe you should ask Santa for a bus pass.........

I was a real bad boy monday night. Let's just say that a girl has me real confused right now, so I needed to clear my head, ended up jumping on the interstate and opened it up after I got out into the boondocks. It was topped out for at least 10 miles. I felt better but should probably be in jail.

I was a real bad boy monday night. Let's just say that a girl has me real confused right now, so I needed to clear my head, ended up jumping on the interstate and opened it up after I got out into the boondocks. It was topped out for at least 10 miles. I felt better but should probably be in jail.

women.....:banghead:

I've only gotten 1 ticket thankfully. Illegal left-hand turn. A cop was sitting right underneath the sign that said I couldn't go left. Didn't see the cop or the sign... In NJ thats a 3 point offense, do you have any idea what that can do to the insurance of a 17year old male?

I have had two tickets. Both were sound ordinance violations.

First one was 80 bucks. The second one was 180. State Trooper on the second one.

Desert Driving

Was out in California, did some desert driving with my dad, 104 in a 65. Cop just told us to slow down and be careful (since there was really NO traffic to worry about):p:

Other than that, no tickets to my name. I got a warning when I drifted into a gravel parking lot. But it was wet and I had worn tires on my rear.

I've had only one "Turn It Down" and that was when I was at a airsoft match blaring my sound system with the doors open. Cop just told us to keep it down.

My Worst was getting stopped in San Marino CA one night after a party
Got hit for:

No Insurance
Driving on a suspended license ( was suspended for too many points.)
Expired Tags
Failure to register a motor vehicle

and then my car was impounded and I was haul off to jail till my Dad came out and got me .

Don't what was worst getting taken to jail or having to deal with my Dad afterwards?

But anywho after getting the Registration done getting my license back and getting insurance

And paying an obscene amount of $$$$ in court fines I was then placed on probation till I was 21. I think I was 17 or 18 when this happened.

Looks like you had a good time!

My Worst was getting stopped in San Marino CA one night after a party
Got hit for:

No Insurance
Driving on a suspended license ( was suspended for too many points.)
Expired Tags
Failure to register a motor vehicle

and then my car was impounded and I was haul off to jail till my Dad came out and got me .

Don't what was worst getting taken to jail or having to deal with my Dad afterwards?

But anywho after getting the Registration done getting my license back and getting insurance

And paying an obscene amount of $$$$ in court fines I was then placed on probation till I was 21. I think I was 17 or 18 when this happened.

Sounds like fun :eek:

You sir are the epiphany of my signature! (I mean it in a good way!) :D

The stupidest ticket I've ever gotton was for "driving without headlights when required".

It was a bright moon that night and I could see fine without the dang headlights- thats what I thought until the cop pulled me over and gave mne $75 ticket I learned my lesson and now I allways use my headlamps at night!

You really should drive with your lights on. Otherwise you could be mistaken for a "Blood" gang member. Which would be bad. We've been having problems here in Alabama with people getting shot up because of the blood initiation rites.. they drive around with their lights off and the first person to flash them for their lights off they chase them down and kill everyone in the car.

Yeah that cost me a 101 in a 65 and a ticket for nitrous back in 05

Loss of license for 90 days, weekend in jail, $500 fine and lawyer fees.

You really should drive with your lights on. Otherwise you could be mistaken for a "Blood" gang member. Which would be bad. We've been having problems here in Alabama with people getting shot up because of the blood initiation rites.. they drive around with their lights off and the first person to flash them for their lights off they chase them down and kill everyone in the car.

This does not seem to be true. (at least according to Snopes....)

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/madmen/lightsout.asp

holy bumped-up-old-threads batman

72 in a 45.
lawyer took care of it, made it totally disappear. Now i use cruise. :thumbsup:

ahh...the good ole days. When I was still in high school, I drove a hopped up '68 El Camino and a '73 Kawasaki Z1. There was a cop in my rear view mirror all the time...just waiting for me to do something stupid :p: I had a glove box full of written warnings for about everything from excessive acceleration to impeding traffic :rolleyes:
Last ticket was in 1976 I was clocked at 105 in a 35. That was my 3rd offense in 2 months and the judge warned me at my second appearance (73 in a 30) that she was tired of looking at me in her court, told me my next time she would hit me $10 per MPH over the limit :eek: The cop was cool,wrote me a ticket for 40 in a 35. :D

Mike

I was in my 96 cobra racing a twin turbo 3000gt. We raced for a period of 2-3 miles. When we had to slow down for a light a cop came up from behind. I pulled over, the other guy took off. He said he was following us for over a mile, and clocked me at 130 MPH. Rookie cop gave me a 12 Point ticket. I was so pissed I did a burn out when I left. (He didnt do anything about that one). It was later reduced to 6 points. lost my license for a year.

Back