how bad have you been ?? | Page 15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

how bad have you been ??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I once got pulled for doing 124 in a 55.:scratch::dunno: No idea what I was thinking!!!
Ahh, to be young, dumb, and clueless again. BTW, I was driving on a deserted section of the highway, so I wasn't endangering anyone else's lives!!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I was stationed in Germany driving home in my Opel 1700 taking it easy because I had way too much to drink when someone starts tailgaiting me. I tapped the brakes to get them to back off and they got even closer. So I tapped again and they start flashing the high beams at me. Ah, must be some of my buddys, but they are really annoying me so I really hit the brakes hard. Behind me I hear SREEEECH, the a55holes about rear end me! Finally, I get to my apartment and pull in the drive, I look back to see who it is.... A GERMAN POLICE PADDY WAGON!!! They gave me 'the look' as they went by - "You stupid GI". No BS - I took it easy after that.

got a 65 in a 55 i was going 110 the cop was nice and lowered it

I was heading to work..planning on shooting a little video to test the 06 explorer v6 out...I get up to about 92 then i hear sirens. Luckily i dont think they were after me

170mph in a 70, on my sportbike, and amazily the pissed off cop only wrote me a ticket for $725 bucks, a lot of money, but way better than going to jail!

120 in a 45. lost my license for a yr +500$ ticket. and to add insult to injury i got 25$ ticket for no seat belt. Car was impounded on the spot, had to pay 80$ tow fee 70$ overnight storage fee. I was about 85 miles from home.. :( that was the last time i have ever speed. As matter fact sold the car so I would not get nailed again, all I buy is slow family type cars.... thinking back on it I'm sure I could have dusted the cop but my luck I would have blown a tire and crashed..

I can't recall ALL the time I have been pulled over, or the tickets I have gotten over the years...but here are the few I DO remember...

First Ticket:

I had just turned 18 and got my drivers license. But I had been driving for a couple years with no license/insurance... Never got in trouble when I was without a license..but literally a couple weeks after I get legal, I get pulled over. 41 in a 35, less than a block from my moms house, driving her Dodge RamVan...what a POS...I tried explaining to the cop that I HAD to speed up at the BOTTOM of the hill (where he was sitting) in order to reach the TOP of the hill doing anything more than 20mph...I got the ticket, put it in 1st gear, and creeped up the hill reving the motor to 3500, still only going 12mph (read: if I shifted into 2nd, the motor would bog down, and I would go slower)....my mom got rid of that van a couple months later...

A couple years later...

I had JUST finished working on one of my Cutlass'. It was a 1979 Cutlass Supreme, Olds350/TH-350, 2500 stall, 3.42 gears, blah, blah, blah....Well I got the motor in on Friday, and drove it around...I was on the highway heading South, and This kid a CRX starts reving the motor next to me at the stop light. He punches it off idle....while I launch it at about 2500...a little tire squeal (read: A LOT of it) and I was passing him like he's parked on the side of the road...every other light we hit is green, and when I get in the turn lane to head home, he points behind him...The cop that was behind him, is now BEHIND ME at the stop light. I go through the intersection, and he lights me up. He walks up to the window, and says something like Hey there Speed Racer....then he compliments me on how the cars sounded when I launched the car off the line at the stop light 3 miles back...I get a ticket for No SeatBelt (I hadn't installed them yet) and no proof of insurance (later dropped in court)

Fast forward a couple weeks, I am driving the car on my way to work and on the EXACT SAME STRETCH of hiway, within 500 feet of where I raced the CRX, but now I am going the opposite direction....the cop passes me going south...he makes a quick U-turn and comes after me AGAIN!...He walks up to the car, and says 'Hello again Speedy'. I immediately say "I know I wasn't speeding, what's going on?" He just says, "I know you weren't speeding this time"...then he says let me see your license, registration and PROOF OF INSURANCE, putting extra emphasis on the the "insurance" part. I politely give him everything he asked for...he goes to his car, and comes back with a ticket...before he hands it to me, he pulls on the shoulder belt just hanging in the door way, and says "I see you installed them, it's about time you started to use it"..then I got ANOTHER ticket for no SeatBelt...

Ever since that day, I have been REALLY good about wearing my seatbelt.

Got a 62 in a 45 :( Gotta work on my pedal. At least the officer was doing his job.

128 in 30.

78 in a 45 construction zone. Was just merging from the on ramp to the freeway and gave it too much throttle, never noticed it. Would have been a $800 ticket but luckily he was on a bike too and just got me for speed not the constuction. My best uncaught run was 150 in a 50, old desert road.

got car impounded and spent the night in jail for going 147 MPH in a 55 and got a 1200 dollar reckless driving ticket and my license revoked. . . .

when i saw the cop as i passed him doing 130 i said f#$k it and i mashed it and kept going. but i guess he radioed another officer about a mile ahead and he stopped me.

and all in my friends 2003 cobra. he was not happy when i called him from jail telling him his car was impounded, lol.

that's my only speeding ticket though. plus a 25 dollar trespassing ticket for wheeling

Going 132 in a 50 at 4:30am in my Porsche 911. Cop pulls me over, takes my info & disappears to his cruiser. I wait 15 minutes and being an arrogant kid, I get out of the car, walk over to his cruiser, I knock on the window & say...

"I don't know if you noticed but I WAS in a hurry"

Got a ticket with a mandatory court date (no amount). Stood the & the judge basically said there is no excuse. He fined be $100 and suspended my license for 6 months...oh wait he can't as I had a JERSEY license. He had to settle for suspending my driving privileges in NY for 6 month.

I aske the cashier what does that mean, she said "don't get caught driving in NY for 6 months"

Ahh those were the good old days

ahahahaha thats great! ^^^ the other day my friend got pulled over with a car full of kids, i was in the back, eating a sandwhich, and it was 3 in the morning. after the cop asks us if we have anything we shouldnt i say in very slurred speech "nope, just sandwhiches in here" he laughed and said get out of here lol

Lmfao..... sounds like such a stoner thing to say.. haha...

55 in a 25

Pulled over "it was my dads truck with oversized tires officer".

Wrote me as 42 in a 25.

Went to court with paperwork saying the rear was swapped from the factory 4:10 to 3:08 and large tires so the speedo was roughly 35mph off.

Took a picture of the door tag and edited it for the 4:10 code (instead of 3:73). Printed the factory manual page showing the codes.

Printed tire and gear change speedo calibration stuff showing the math.

Last but not least, the previous owner did the mods, the speedo was unknown by me.

THREW IT OUT. I walked out without a court fee.

:)

driving alegal taxi no ticket
3 or 4 reckless 2 not my fault
55 in a 35
85 in a 65 or 55
2 minor parking lot fender benders
providing alcholhol and under age drinking i was 18 my house
2 en clear plates
2 driving with no doors but no tcket
inspection and no proof of papers
no trailer light and trailer papers
supposedly a stolen moped was mine got it straitended out
receiving stolen property
and 12 vehicles since 16 to 19lol i get board
i think that's it

in 4 years of driving, been pulled over 7 times (3 times in the tbird, 3 times in the camaro, once in the explorer)

most were speeding, never got a ticket.
one was because i matched a description of another blue explorer (who was called in for drunk driving)
and once for giving a thumbs up to an officer who pulled someone over in the middle of the road- full time and attention

It was thrown out though :)

besides, my truck wont do over 70 so i doubt ill be getting pulled over much anymore.

6 Years of driving, never gotten a ticket. Been pulled over plenty,

once i used my mom's minivan to run to the store, smoked the tire around a corner, cop followed me to my house, no lights or anything, said "I'm not used to driving a vehicle with power" told me next time he'll write me a ticket..

Another time, different cop, in the ex when it still had 235/75/15's. Went to turn into the same market, got stuck in the turning lane, lit the tires up for about 15 seconds, proceeded to the parking lot. Guess what was parked right there? Yep, he just smiled and said "I didn't think one of those could get both tires going.." I replied "Yeah if you try hard enough!" He laughed and took off.

Back