1. Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership!

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

How can I create custom mouse button assignments?

Discussion in 'Exploring Computers!!' started by wabbit, February 5, 2002.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. wabbit

wabbit Active Member

City, State:
    Western Colorado
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    the white one...
    I just got a Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer, with five button plus scroll wheel
    In the mouse properties there are drop-down menus for several different button assignments.
    Unfortunately, the function I really want is not listed in the drop-down. I want "Open in new window", which is "Alt-N" in IE Explorer.
    Is there a way to modify (add) button assignment commands to the standard drop-down list?
    As a note, the drop-down list does include the numbered "F" Function keyboard keys, so maybe I could assign "Alt-N" to an "F" key on the keyboard and assign that "F" key to the mouse button, that would do it.
    Any help would be appreciated...

2. Support EF

Elite Explorer 2 for 1 Sale! $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. 01EB5.0

01EB5.0 Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Allendale, MI
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2001 Eddie Bauer V-8 AWD
    Hmmm...I have the same mouse, but besides changeing the assingments in games I have never tried to do custom stuff like that. I would try your idea thought and see how it goes.
    Good luck!