how Cool!!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

how Cool!!!!

silvermelon19

Reaction score
City, State
Waldorf MD

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

many people have done this.....i did....took about 2 hours.....yours will be a bit diffrent becasue its a first gen, but still really easy...hardest part was taking the dash off and such...

i was gonna get those but the redline is at 5500rpm and i just dont like that because its really only 5000rpm

is this gonna be really hard to replace, cuz i dont want to mess with the wires and stuff and mess it up. do you have to mess with wires?????

ok thats cool, cuz someone told me that theres alot of wires back there for each gauge and i didnt want to have everything stop working on me....and the last thing i want is to not be able to get the dash back on right and have crap loads of noises from it.

GREATTTTTTTTT lol sorry i was hoping that they just lay over the stock one, thanks for the help

by the way how would it lay over it??? how would the needles show up then???

I have a '91 so the only thing that doesnt line up is the brake light cuz I think it was moved for the 93-94's...Anways, I put mine in just two weeks ago (after they sat around forever) and they look awesome. I also put a bezel over them. You dont even need to remove the gauge cluster from the car...biggest part is just prying open and putting back together your dash.

Back