Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

how did you pay for the order of 2012 XLT AWD X

Discussion in '2018 - 2019 Ford Explorer Order Status Threads' started by shakabooey, July 29, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. shakabooey

shakabooey New Member

i'm currently looking to order a Ford Explorer XLT V6 4WD here in canada
      but I would like to know how much is the best price I can get it with the following options

Medium Light Stone
      White Tri Coat-300
      Wheels 20" Polished-1200
      Leather Trimmed Heated Bucket Seat-1200
      All Weather Carpeted Fron Rear Floor Mats-100
      Reverse Camera-500
      -----------------

MSRP-38899
      Freight-1450
      AC Tax-100
      Options-3300
      ---------
      Employee Pricing Discount -3701
      ----------
      GST 5% 2003
      --------------

based from the computation I did on my own it would amount to $42000 canadian based from 2011 XLT 4WD. it already includes the employee pricing.
      I asked around and the best deal I can get is 42,500 including fees and tax + about 1000 add-ons.

do you think its a good deal? or I can still be able to ask lower than that quote?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. calb

calb Active Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2012 AWD Explorer Limited
      You can sign up at either Car Cost Canada or the APA and get the actual pricing, and with APA a firm quote. As I understand it, the price with the "employee pricing" apparently includes about 6% in dealer commission.

So, you can definitely get dealer down by 3% .... and I think by 4% off that price +GST/HST if you shop the deal. You can try unhaggle.com too, but I think APA might be a better deal.

I'd go send a nice email to a sales manager and tell them you'll buy if they can meet (40048/1.04 = $38,500 + GST5%) $40500 including GST. With markets they way the are at the moment, I suspect they'd take it.

I'm holding out till September to see if the Costco discount comes back into play, and/or if they put out some reasonable interest rates (0% for 36 months would work Ford Canada, if you're listening). Not sure I want to tie up $50K otherwise given all the financial market ups and downs and I think there is going to be a drop in buyers for August.