Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

How Do I Get Herculiner Off of My Hootus?!

Discussion in 'Exploring everything under the sun!!' started by GJarrett, August 16, 2000.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Tom Wilk

Tom Wilk Active Member

City, State:
      Chattanooga, TN
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      '99 Sport
      Brian, I think he's already made a "funny contact". :)

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Trckmagik

Trckmagik Ole Bag Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      Celina, Texas
      Oh yea I alomost forgot. I guess I worded that wrong.

4. sphaugh

sphaugh Active Member

careful with your hootus

Clad in herculiner, if your shlort becomes a shlong, you could do some serious damage. (for your own safety, think Marge Schott swilling scotch at all times)

Now somebody earlier asked why you took a whiz so close to your Explorer... I presume they misunderstood... and your "herculiner on the hand" accidentally got transferred to the "hootus" during the act of taking a whiz... and it was not an incident connecting "hootus" with "rocker panel" (that would be sick & bad)

Sorry Gerald, you sure seem to have gotten yourself in a predickament, er, I mean - a pickle. Good luck in getting that stuff to wear off. Sorry I'm just another guy having fun at your expense.

5. mattadams

mattadams Tall Man Little Escape Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      Longmont, CO
      2010 Escape XLT
      Gerald - I've stayed quiet throughout this. I feel I should throw in some silly comment like bring it on over, we'll turn on all my lights and see if we can't bake the stuff off... but then I realize that might cause "it" to "sweat" and if the herculiner didn't come off with the sweat, you'd have some extremely uncomfortable (even moreso then the herculiner by itself) chafing and even a WORSE rash. One has to be curious, how much of "hootus" area is effected? I mean, did you choke the WHOLE chicken or just a small part of it? I don't know what the "chicken-to-hand" ratio is and quite frankly I don't WANT to know but curiosity has gotten the better of me.

6. kilroy

kilroy Active Member

City, State:
      Capron IL
      2001 F150
      Whats better, a bird in the hand, or one in the bush?

7. GJarrett

GJarrett Elite Explorer Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      Chief GPS'um and Still Lost Native Texan
      '99 EB 4x4 "Herc" RIP
      Okay, guys, I am now well on my way to recovery and do not need anymore of your helpful suggestions, thankyewverymuch. Everyone can go back home now and get on with their own lives. :smoke:

8. kilroy

kilroy Active Member

City, State:
      Capron IL
      2001 F150
      I take it you found a way to scratch that itch?:)

9. flyguy

flyguy Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Gilbert, AZ
      '07 XLT V8
      I was thinking... maybe a line of bumper stickers are in order to promote the site... or some internet banners and such... ya know...

Herculiner on your Hootus???
      Come to http://www.explorerforum.com

Well...I have first dibs on the t-shirt and hat. :)

nick

10. mattadams

City, State:
      Longmont, CO
      2010 Escape XLT
      Gerald - no way, we need more details! How'd you finally get it off? and did it leave a mark?

11. GJarrett

City, State:
      '99 EB 4x4 "Herc" RIP
      Well, I didn't exactly say I had gotten it off. But a lot did after a weekend in the river, from everywhere (It was 90+ degrees when I was installing the Herculiner so I was in shorts and t-shirt). The spots on my arms and legs are sorta leaving a spotty suntan. After several hours spent being wet I was able to get most of it off. But it took seven or eight hours in the water when my skin looked like a prune before it was willing to let go.

I figure by the end of the week the rest will be gone too. There does seem to be a base ink color it leaves, which is coming off a little slower.

Seriously guys, this has been a lot of fun for all of us but is beginning to become like a funny joke that kept getting told too often. Unless you have something VERY new and insightful to continue the thread, let's leave it before it becomes boorish.

That's a hint ;)

12. leebo

leebo Moderator Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Mingo Junction, OH
      1994 Explorer Sport
      The final results are in....as of 7:51pm this thread will of been up for 5 days. I went ahead and did the math on this one.......I think we have a new record.

there was a hit once every 1.789 minutes over the 7210 minutes that the thread was up.

a new post was put up once every 53.73 minutes over the 5 days.

at this rate every human in the usa would view this topic in just under 82.021 days....(at least I think my math's correct:confused: )

GREAT JOB

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[Edited by GJarrett on 08-22-2000 at 06:51 AM]

13. Goober

Goober Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Lexington, SC
      '91XLT4x4
      I do believe Gerald deserves a hat for this. If Rick won't give him one, it will be on me. You've been a good sport about it all deserve something for all the ribbing while in your state .

What do you guys think? Let him off the hook,..lesson learned?

14. mattadams

City, State:
      Longmont, CO
      2010 Escape XLT
      I'll let him off the hook if I see the job he did on the rocker panels and decide it's good :). LOL just kidding, I think he deserves something, after all, I'm willing to bet that ANYONE considering herculining anything in the future will be 110% sure to not get any on their hands and then use the restroom :).

15. GJarrett

City, State:
      '99 EB 4x4 "Herc" RIP
      Matt, the actual job went very well, but I am not as satisfied with the way it looked as I was hoping for. It would have been awesome if I had a black vehicle instead of a dark blue one. I've got a dark blue paint job, gold EB trim, and chrome sections on my front and rear bumpers. Adding black into the mix on my lower side made it a little too "busy" color-wise. For that reason, I only did my right side that I laid down on. I'm leaving my left side all blue (unless I bang it up too :( ).

PS / that stuff, now that it completely cured on the vehicle, is d@m# tough. Even if I wanted to remove it to put white Herculiner on and then paint it blue (an idea I am considering), I'm not sure that it can be removed once applied. This stuff is tuff.

[Edited by GJarrett on 08-22-2000 at 06:05 PM]

16. mattadams

City, State:
      Longmont, CO
      2010 Escape XLT
      yeah thats why I like having a black vehicle - everything matches, no custom painting required. Black rhino lining, black plastic parts for about everything, black light housings, etc.

17. AFUinCO

AFUinCO New Member

City, State:
      Round Lake Beach, IL, USA
      99 'Migo Softie Black
      Hello all I received this story via a link from an Isuzu forum at http://www.4x4wire.com, and I must say this is an entertaining thread, that spread VERY quickly.

I am glad that you have gotten you problem resolved, I can't even imagine how much pain it caused physically and emotionally. :D Thanks for the chuckles. :)

18. Freaky_Monkey007

Freaky_Monkey007 New Member

ROTFLMFAO

im from one of the jeep froms and i came over to c what the h@#@ one of my friends was talking about.. this is the funniest d@^^ thing i have ever heard in my lift.. this info is going to everyone that i know.. lol...roflmfao. im gona have to have stiches to keep me from laughing..oh i fell sorry for u general..lol...ill let u go deal with ur little problem.. have fun. one more thing.. i think herculiner needs to know about this. i only wish it was true.. but hey. someone has had to of done this before. but still this is the funniest da** thing i have ever heard

[Edited by Freaky_Monkey007 on 08-22-2000 at 01:40 PM]

19. gurkhamy

gurkhamy New Member

Like Jennie I am from the Jeeps. Man this is so funny. Do feel sorry for ya. Hope u get this little problem resolved. This kind of remind me of the movie Something about Mary. The zipper incident!

20. CaptZJ

CaptZJ New Member

Sounds like an adult ad......."Textured for HER pleasure!!"

21. kilroy

kilroy Active Member

City, State:
      Capron IL
      2001 F150
      I think this is getting old. :rolleyes:

It will go down in Explorer history as the day Hootus became Hercules!!!

I think it is time to start a new Forum called dumbass things I have done to myself while working on my truck, or what NOT to do when working on my truck.

Lets all give Gerald 3 cheers for admitting he did something embarrasing, and call it quits. My mailbox is getting full. :D

22. GJarrett

City, State:
      '99 EB 4x4 "Herc" RIP
      Ditto

Kilroy, I agree and hinted strongly at that on the previous page. The stats posted afterwards were interesting, and Matt's question was a pertinent one, so they survived. But I've been deleting all the subsequent now-stale jokes and one-liners (note exception below) since my post on the previous page stating that this has all been fun but it's time to move on. Pretty soon even the slow learners will start getting the message. Maybe.

* I am making an exception for the new visitors who just heard about us and am letting them have a little fun and feel welcomed. It is interesting to see where they heard about our board from and how far the knowledge of our website has spread in the last few days (and is the reason I have not already closed this thread).

When I first asked the original question I pretty much knew I was already SOL but realized maybe my predicament would brighten the day for some of us. Everyone of us makes simple absent-minded mistakes. However, some mistakes carry more severe consequences than others, and at the time of my original post one of our brethren had made a fatal one in Colorado. Mine wasn't so bad after all. I hope it gave us all a needed sense of perspective and helped lighten our souls during the gravity of the week's news.

I knew it would get around, but hoo-boy :rolleyes: . Only days old, there are thousands of hits on this page, many from people who had never heard of us before. I can laugh at myself and sacrifice a little dignity. I've got thick skin (now ;) ) and this has been good for all of us and this website. Although it came at my expense, I am willing to bet a quart of Herculiner :D that knowledge of the existence of http://www.explorer4x4.com on the internet has exploded -- exponentially -- in just the last three days.

Gerald

[Edited by GJarrett on 08-22-2000 at 08:21 PM]

23. Tom Wilk

Tom Wilk Active Member

City, State:
      Chattanooga, TN
      '99 Sport
      Hopefully, membership is growing enough to hit 3000 on the right day. :)

24. Roktoy

Roktoy New Member

Sorry dude, i still cant stop laughing, been doing it for the past 15 minutes, my tummy hurts now.
      You guys are giving us jeep folks a good laugh.

25. TheJeepGoddess

TheJeepGoddess New Member

Gerald...you've made it to the Jeep GIRLS email list with this link!! Probably not what you wanted to hear!

Stacy-Michelle
      http://www.thejeepgoddess.com

26. GJarrett

City, State:
      '99 EB 4x4 "Herc" RIP
      :rolleyes: Hoo-boy.......