How do I get Rear Windows to go up and down | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How do I get Rear Windows to go up and down

PetroliaPete

Reaction score
City, State
Petrolia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2104 explorer PIU
Hi .new to this forum. Lots of great stuff just bought a 2104 explorer PI. Learning a lot here. Verycool!

Need help and couldn't find this topic in the forums Can't figure out how to enable the rear windows. Hoping y'all can help me.
I can work the windows from driver door but not from rear doors .
Took passenger door panel off last night looks like switch is connected to the motor.
Help???
Thanks for any advice

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi .new to this forum. Lots of great stuff just bought a 2104 explorer PI. Learning a lot here. Verycool!

Need help and couldn't find this topic in the forums Can't figure out how to enable the rear windows. Hoping y'all can help me.
Took passenger door panel off last night looks like switch is connected to the motor.
Help???
Thanks for any advice

There are more details in the Upfitter Guide, but basically you pull off the drivers side door sill plate and you will find a connector with a violet and white wire that needs to be disconnected.

Help???
Thanks for any advice
Welcome to the Forum Pete.:wave:
I didn't realize the 2104 models were out yet. Must be quite a change from the 2014.;)
Is that Petrolia, Ontario that you're from?

Peter

Welcome to the Forum Pete.:wave:
I didn't realize the 2104 models were out yet. Must be quite a change from the 2014.;)
Is that Petrolia, Ontario that you're from?

Peter
LOL . Yep, looks a lot like a Delorean :). Fat fingers sheesh.
Down here in PA . North of Pittsburgh .

There are more details in the Upfitter Guide, but basically you pull off the drivers side door sill plate and you will find a connector with a violet and white wire that needs to be disconnected.
Thanks! Will look for it.

Next I have to try to get an upfitters guide :) .

There used to be a link to an online copy of the Guide, but for some reason the link I have is no longer working :( Maybe PeterK9 can find working link ?

I have tried several links posted here but get the same result each time when clicking on the Modifier's Guide
HTTP Status 404 - .

type Status report

description The requested resource is not available.

Peter

Help???
Thanks for any advice
Did you find it? I can't find it anywhere and by the door sill plate there is a big wiring harness there but no obvious wiring that was mentioned.
Maybe I am looking in the wrong place.
Spending hours looking for a picture or exact location has been driving me nuts

Did you find it? I can't find it anywhere and by the door sill plate there is a big wiring harness there but no obvious wiring that was mentioned.
Maybe I am looking in the wrong place.
Spending hours looking for a picture or exact location has been driving me nuts
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter

Hi everyone. I just joined. Was researching ways to fix some things on my 2016 Explorer PI that I recently purchased. Was wondering if I disconnect the purple and white wire connection mentioned above, will my rear window switches start working?

Hi everyone. I just joined. Was researching ways to fix some things on my 2016 Explorer PI that I recently purchased. Was wondering if I disconnect the purple and white wire connection mentioned above, will my rear window switches start working?

Hey took me a little bit to find the proper wire. If all of the wires are attached and the window switch on the door illuminates it should be a small grey clip underneath the middle column behind the driver's seat, my PIU had it rolled and tucked deep under the vinyl carpet next to a small wiring harness tube

Welcome to the Forum Brian.:wave:

Peter

Hey took me a little bit to find the proper wire. If all of the wires are attached and the window switch on the door illuminates it should be a small grey clip underneath the middle column behind the driver's seat, my PIU had it rolled and tucked deep under the vinyl carpet next to a small wiring harness tube

I checked for the switch illumination and it is not lit up. I also checked under the door sill for a plug disconnected, but could not locate it. I checked the fuses under the dash, and everything is in order.

Any other suggestions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I popped the window switches and found a plug not plugged in. My guess is it goes to the window motor.

Back