Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

How dumb is your mechanic?

Discussion in 'Exploring everything under the sun!!' started by Ken Cooke, October 6, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Ken Cooke

Ken Cooke Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Riverside, California
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      '03 Rubicon - Tomb Raider
      Mine once cursed at my rig, told me that I needed alignment shims for my frontend, because everything was rusted the same color! :rolleyes:

That some seriously inconsistent logic!!!

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Crankcase

Crankcase Moderator Emeritus Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      Vancouver B.C, Canada
      1992 XL Ex-Police
      ......I would definatley change mechanics LOL

4. Ken Cooke

City, State:
      Riverside, California
      Another bright mechanic!

I had a mechanic's manager say to me, [and this is the truth!]

Please give us another chance to fix your brakes! If you call a towtruck here, everyone will know we couldn't fix your brakes!

$350 later, I had to have my wife trail me in her J**p to my regular mechanic, hoping that nobody would slam on their brakes in front of me while traveling down the 91 FWY from Corona to Riverside! I was not happy!:mad:

5. Ken Cooke

City, State:
      Riverside, California
      Mexican tragedy on Christmas '01

Me and Mrs. Cooke were driving back from San Ignacio Lagoon, after a wonderful time boating in the same lagoon as Jacques Cousteau, watching the whales breech, and feed their young, when my master cylinder failed just as I entered town.

My wife lamented to the mechanic (who was pissed that I had him outside so long, laboring on my rig on Christmas day) - she said, "When we get back to the States, you need to trade in your Ranger for a new pickup!"

Then, the mechanic interjected, "Even newborn babies die!"

6. Ken Cooke

City, State:
      Riverside, California
      Ranger Automatic Transmissions!

My regular Mechanic is a great guy. The problem is, once you check your vehicle into his shop, it could be as much as 1 week before he can even get to your truck. Then, he has to order the parts, etc. And, that can take even longer!

When I returned from Baja, Mexico with my Ranger on a borrowed flatbed behind my father's J**p Grand Cherokee, my mechanic shook his head after learning it was my tranny.

He proudly told me that his Ranger is under warranty, and it had only 76,000 miles, but was on it's 3rd transmission. When I asked him, "Why have you had such terrible luck with your automatic transmissions?" He told me, Well, I donno. I guess they just make them like that...