Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

How good are 2nd gens for off-roading?

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by masospaghetti, July 14, 2019.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. BKennedy

BKennedy Elite Loser Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    San Diego, PRofK
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    1994 XLT
    My Dad drove all over Moab in a bone stock 1991 Explorer. They were out on Golden Spike and a bunch of bolt-on Jeepers drove by. One of them asked them how they got out there. Dad said "I drove". He also did Black Bear Pass and a bunch of other stuff in Colorado, and followed us all over Truckhaven in a stock 99 4Runner. Having a vehicle with limitations forces you to learn to be a better off-road driver. I think everyone should drive around in a bone stock vehicle for a few years before starting the mods.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Stic-o

Stic-o Elite Movie Star Elite Explorer

Media:
    City, State:
    Lake View Terrace, CA
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    '91 Navajo '99 XL '16 XLT
    Truth!

Driving a point and shoot truck is easy, and gets you in trouble fast if you don't know what your doing, because you can drive it beyond your own ability.

Driving something basic teaches you skills, that you will even use on the street.