1. Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Dismiss Notice

How high should I go for another lift?

Discussion in 'Modified 1991-1994 Explorers' started by Gavin Kamp, February 17, 2015.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1. Gavin Kamp

Gavin Kamp New Member

City, State:
    Tucson Arizona
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    1994 Ford Explorer EddieB
    Hello I have a 3 inch body lift with 32 size tires. I wanted to know how high should I go for a suspension lift. I want it higher to the point hard to get into. I'm 5"7' and I want the bottom of the door to my waist. I don't know how high to go for that and where to look please help.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Anime

Anime EF YEAH!! Elite Explorer

Media:
    Albums:
    2018 EX Sport Concept
    Either a 4 inch or 5.5 inch suspenson lift will be really high and you can fit 35 inch tires on there, making it really high.

I'd suggest cutting the body lift down to 2 inches or less though, since a 3 inch body lift with a big suspension lift can be top-heavy to the point it's dangerous.

You'll also want lower gears for larger tires, either 4.56 gears for highway use, or 4.88 / 5.13 for off-road.

4. RangerX

RangerX Elite Ranger Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Omao, Kauai
    '93 Ranger XLT 4X4
    Measure from your waist to the ground. Then measure from the bottom of your door to the ground. Then subtract door measurement from waist measurement, there's your lift needed! :D