Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

HOW many live in apts/ or own your house,

Discussion in 'Exploring everything under the sun!!' started by dtl 2k2 sport, September 25, 2005.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. dtl 2k2 sport

dtl 2k2 sport Well-Known Member

City, State:
    stafford Va
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2002 SPORT
    We'll looks like i'm part of the modern day culture, moving back home w/ mom and dad to save up to buy a home,, :rolleyes: in the dc area northern va homes have gone up 36 percent in a year, national average is 2-4 percent. So it looks like I'll get to save up quite nice chunk of change by doing this, but living at home w/ mom and dad!Lol, :rolleyes: But i also get to move out of my lovley apt complex, and wont have to see the cops come by,( they just left) on weekly basis. I would love to stay in the northern va area, but cost are thru the roof, so I'm thinking of Charleston Sc. or Atlanta Ga,, where cost of living is little cheeper, just a fun conversation for the older crowd on here,, Anyone wanna by an explorer!Lol,,, :D

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Brian_B

Brian_B Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Mountain Home, AR
    2000 mounty / 56 f-100
    I actually own a home. Its not much and needs tons of work :eek: , but its mine. Bought and paid for. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. section525

section525 sextion525 Elite Explorer Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
    Red Bluff, Ca
    1975 Ford Bronco 4x4
    If I didn't have it so good right now.. I'd move back in with my Dad. :cool:

5. 98Explorer4x4

98Explorer4x4 Active Member

City, State:
    Sioux Falls, SD
    98 Explorer XLT 4WD
    Live in a fully furnished basement of a remodeled farm house. Pay $250 a month including utilities. Got a few trails to offroad and got horses to ride! Also have a river to fish in and deer to hunt.

6. dtl 2k2 sport

City, State:
    stafford Va
    2002 SPORT
    I have uhm all the rap music i wanna hear from under my floor, i'm on the third floor, God i cant wait to get outta here, but the house shown above is pretty good shape, Little TLC, ,, good as new, I cant wait to get a place w/ a garage!, It's a must have.

7. dtl 2k2 sport

City, State:
    stafford Va
    2002 SPORT
    oh and by the way,, just so u can gauge it, u dont have to say what your paying for rent, but I'm paying 500 a month alone ,, along w/ my roomate shelling out another 500, for his share, plus utilities,, we do get water and trash service!!

8. Brian_B

City, State:
    Mountain Home, AR
    2000 mounty / 56 f-100
    Soffits, eaves, gutters, siding, paint.....thats just the outside. The inside needs just as much, if not more. Fortunately its paid off though. Just taxes and insurance for now.

Houses are cheap here, no jobs. :(

9. dtl 2k2 sport

City, State:
    stafford Va
    2002 SPORT
    Insurance is the one thing I'm alittle worried about,, Kinda kicks you when your not really prepared for it. My family okay mom and dad bought a retirement home for them! to go to, and it was like 1400 a year in myrtle beach ,, due to the hurricanes,, thats something i've looked into if i were to buy a place in Sc. I've been watching in amazment w/ the huricanes rolling through, Not sure if I could take that like those hardy people,, So cost of living is better then it is here huh!!???

10. Brian_B

City, State:
    Mountain Home, AR
    2000 mounty / 56 f-100
    Yeah...cheap housing....just no jobs. I live in a retirement area. My house if it was repaired would cost around $70K (3 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath, 2 car garage-approx 1300 sq ft)

If your not a nurse or doctor, you ask: "Do you want fries with that?" or say: "Hi, welcome to wal-mart."

Get the idea? :(

11. ions

ions Active Member

City, State:
    Pasadena, MD / Annapolis , MD
    '01 Explorer Sport Trac
    Cost of living near me is unbelievable! my friend pays almost $1000/month for a 2 bedroom apt in a shitty part of Glen Burnie I just don't make anuff to move out on my own or even with a roommate really so I live with good ole mom and dad...we have a nice house and I pay nothing to live here at the moment they are spending about $10,000 to fix up the basement for me to live in cause my room is too small for me now I love my parents and I know not everyone has money too do this so I love them even more :)

12. dtl 2k2 sport

City, State:
    stafford Va
    2002 SPORT
    The cheapest house in the dc/ va area that's w/ in the 40 min usual commute that's where everyone goes is, selling for about 400k,, The average house in this area alleged near 345k,, you more then likely can not find a house for that cheap. Ex: my sister bought a house about 3 years ago, for 129k, now it's work 350k,, for a 1500 sq house, 2 bed room, and 1/4 acer lot,, Ramber style home,, no garage, ect,, too much for this boy!!

13. jimbo74

jimbo74 Elite Exploder

Media:
    Albums:
    City, State:
    Nor*Cal
    2001, F150, XLT 4x4
    i live @ my parents house, but spend a lot of time in 100 miles away in salinas (where my baby lives with her mom @ her apartment) and my daughters grandparents house, or my bosses house

14. james t

james t Elite Explorer Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
    Texarkana AR/TX
    94 SAS sport
    Homeowner here. Property value in my town has skyrocketed in the last 2 years.

15. jimbo74

jimbo74 Elite Exploder

Media:
    Albums:
    City, State:
    Nor*Cal
    2001, F150, XLT 4x4

i think that is true for jsut about anywhere

[well except for parts of texas, and louisianna and a some other places recently ravaged by hurricanes]

our house jsut apprasided for $750k.... not too bad... we have been here for around 17 years and new our house was $225k back then

16. jrgaylor

jrgaylor Power through it! Elite Explorer

City, State:
    onalaska, Washington
    1985 BroncoII
    The asking price for homes in my development has went up 37K in the 13 months I have lived here, for the exact same home on 2 acres. The good news is that the report I just read says the housing boom is starting to show signs of slowing down

17. vervepipes

vervepipes Active Member

City, State:
    Cold Lake, Alberta, Canada
    '98 XLT
    i rent a duplex on base. 700 sq feet of thin walled, underinsulated , leaking basement joy

18. Nuggethead 420

Nuggethead 420 Active Member

City, State:
    Milwaukee, wi
    91 Eddie Bauer
    Lease a townhouse 1250 sq feet. $900 month.
    Very nice and we have 1/2 acre of lot.
    Good until we but a house. I figure we are getting ready for a morgage.

19. dmasini

dmasini Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Raleigh, NC
    2001 XLT
    I'm spending $1500.00 a month for a 2 bedroom APT right now in the Fair Lakes area. A friend bought a townhouse in Gainsville for $350k about 5 months ago and the neigbors just sold their place for $410k. And if anyone is familiar with Northern VA they know Gainsville is the freaking boonies!

Moving out the begining of 06 and heading for Raleigh NC. I hear they have a fair amount of jobs like NOVA but not as many people and much cheaper. Luckily being a graphic/mulitimedia designer I can find something just about anywhere. And my fiance is going to be able to tele-comute and keep her existing job when we move. It's be nice to have Northern VA salaries in NC.

20. Albino 94LTD

Albino 94LTD Recovering from Moab 2016 Elite Explorer

Media:
    City, State:
    Newcastle Wa
    White 94 Limited
    Callsign:
    KG7PKQ
    1300sq ft house on a 9500sq ft lot, 2 miles south of I-90 between Bellevue and Renton. We bought 4 years ago for $239,000. $1,650/month.

We could sell now for about $375,000 :eek:

They guy across the street bought 6 years ago for 209,000 and sold last month in 6 hours for $324,500. He only put about $12,00 into it.

You really have to watch out for taxes :rolleyes:

21. project92

project92 Active Member

City, State:
    missouri
    00E.B.,93 xlt 92 xlt
    well the first ten years I lived in a mobile home that my parents let me put on there 5 acres.... then bought a 100+ year old house with 35 acres (grandpa's farm) has a big barn a meduim shed and 2 ponds......hmmm not bad for $95,000?