How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

Post number 869 has been selected as best answered.

145,000 on my '98 4WD AT, with nothing major wrong with it now, except a blend door and a whine out of the rear diff. I think it's time to change the shocks, though, from the originals...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

141,000 on the clock but never recalibrated the spedo after the lift, and i think the abuse of being a vol fire fighter doesn't help life, but i am still on the original motor and trans

I have a 97 AWD w/145k.

No knocks, ticks, or chatter from the engine.

Transmission was replaced at some time, it still looks clean and silver.

Just change the oil and antifreeze regularly and don't drive like you're in a race and almost any car you can have for a long time.

One thing from my experience, Ford motors totally blow away GM motors.

1997 XLT, 5.0, 250,000 miles and still going strong. Replaced radiator, shocks, ball joints, battery, front calipers and roters, seal in rear end, water pump, alternator, hoses 3rd set of tires, drivers side exhaust manifold.

1997 SOHC 2 Door, 86000 miles. Not a single problem, the only thing that had to be replaced was 2 rusted out break lines and one of the radiator hoses, and the alternator.

1999 SOHC Sport. Today, 135,000 miles. Put in a new trans at 129,000, still worked, got tired of the flash shift. Runs good, uses no oil but the chains rattle alot. Found a donor vehicle if i can get thru on the phone!

136K..motor and tranny are as good as new. Properly maintain these trucks and they will run forever!

hit 185,000 miles today. still running good. I recently replaced the epc solenoid...no more shift flare...thought i was looking at a transmission rebuild...not now with the epc change...shifts great.

i just hit 202,200 and still goin strong but i think i may need some tranny work comin up soon

My 98 has 63,300 on it.

sittin around 206,000 and it is soon to be passed down to my lil bro so we'll see what we can put on it

just hit 126k on mine. have about 500 miles on the new timing chains.

1998 Explorer Limited. 8,000 (eight thousand) still looks & runs new. Needs radio, just fixed heater blower from sitting too long.

I got my '91 Explorer last November and it had 185,000 on it but I was told it turned over once already or 285,000-need to replace valve cover gaskets but runs strong-

1995 Explorer Sport. 200,000 miles and still doing my 50 mile commute each day. I can't complain at all. Only things ever touched; brake pads and rotors (once), both front wheel bearings, shocks, stereo (stock JBL-Junk But Loud died), one ball joint, both idler pulleys, Alternator (last month- was still charging, just had balls of copper wire coming out the vent holes:D),brake master cylinder/switch/wiring (when it caught fire-was a recall for 95 models but Ford wouldn't cover mine because my serial number was not included in the recall:mad:) and just last week the fuel pump finally went. I hope I have this much luck with my next one.
Actually I changed the idlers and the alternator thinking that was what was causing my intermittent chirp/squealing, but thanks to this site, I will have to check that cam position sensor now:thumbsup:

97 OHV with 95K, w/ P0401 & 02 - parts on the way. Bone dry underneath.

59k on mine.

90,480 miles on it and its an 01 sport with the orginal engine and motor

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i have 2 99 xpl sport 4.0 ohv, 1has 113,000 and runs great, the other 1 has 80,000 and doesnt run great....go figure

Back