How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX? | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

Post number 869 has been selected as best answered.

My '98 XLT just turned 278K. Original tranny rebuilt at 236K. Major work has been new rack at 176K and that's it. My wife says it will not die. Sadly, I know better, but for now it is sweeet. Just needs an DPFE, console cover repair, driver side lock actuator, *probably* a new cam shaft sync shaft, shocks all around, figure out the lumbar support leakdown, and TLC.

God help me, I love it so... It truly fits me like a glove.

Update, now over 289K, the Arizona heat affects it more this year. I'm shootin for 300K...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just hit 200k the other day. I picked my 1995 XLT up 5 years ago with 114k. Hoping to keep it going for another 50k.

Major repairs:

* Transmission (155k)
* Junk yard rear (factory limited slip fell apart and ruined the rear)
* Rebuilt transfer case
* Radiator (-30F and crummy antifreeze)
* Fuel Pump
* EGR
* Ball Joints (Twice)

1997 eddie 255,000.00 oriinal motor and tran. Keeping my finger crossed.
basically it has been good and powerful. I have really enjoyed the AWD.
14MPG is the down fall. even since 97 when i bought it with 25k on it the milage
has been no better than 14 in the city with the climate control on... oh whell
drill here drill now i need gas for my truck...

51,000 miles
A/C fan is faulty
Need new tires in January possibly will stall until February
Other than that the ex is ship shape and runs fantastic.
Basic maintenance needs to be done, i.e. oil change, air filter... etc.

96 XLT 4.0 OHV.......144,000 miles and still alive and kicking. Damn 2-3 flare just starting to happen though.

174.5k, runs really good, original motor/trans. '97 4.0 SOHC, Control-Trac. Going to do a tuneup and replace/clean the IAC and MAF here pretty soon, but as it sits, it still gets up and goes!

150K on my 98 XLT. Original Engine and Transmission. No major maintenance done on her, just a shift kit in the tranny due to a small slip in third gear, just replaced wheel hub assemblies, rotors, pads, upper and lower ball joints this year. Getting ready to put new shocks and tune up soon. Runs strong hoping to get another 150k out of her. I love her and would not trade her for the world.

294 000 kilometers on the 97 limited

Just hit 90K on my 9/99 XLT in Australia

dont know y it posted twice read the one be low

mine hit 139,000 on the nose and the ratior seams blow out and messed up the moter. now it has 140,000 on it and still running and making all kinds of crazey sounds. also had shakels, front drive shaft baring cup replaced, ratior, heater core which i must say was a pain to replace, thats really all for now.

230,876 on my 95 ED

232,989 On my 97 Sport OHV. Original engine and transmission.
Only needs new rear springs and a new low pressure switch for the A/C.

183,000 on the 98 Mounty.

99 XLS 4x4 276,000 miles on motor, replaced the rear end 10,000 miles ago and its in the shop getting a another motor with 91,000 miles on it now

My odometer say 106,x... But I had to replace my timing chains and guides, and a new radiator in this past november. While they had my engine out, the mechanics told me that the engine will outlast my car. They said it's a better one and less miles then my odometer says. I got it with 88,x.. miles on it and I don't know what was done prior to me. I get an oil change every 3,000 miles and rotate my tires every 3rd time.

I have an 01 Explorer Sport.

just got to 144,600 in my xls still running strong

270,000 miles and counting!

I have 270,000 original miles on the 302. The only thing that has been changed on the engine has been the water pump, alternator, CPS, and heater/AC blower motor! I love this truck! I am looking to hit 300,000 by mid year 2010.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

226k on my 95 limited 4x4! Woo hoo! The air suspension is breaking down so I about to put a standard suspension under it. It needs new tires and valve cover gaskets. woo hoo! I love this thing. oh, new tranny 4 months ago and a new motor about 75k miles ago. I am replacing the blend door tomorrow.

Jerem0621

Back