How many windshields has your X/Mutantneer gone through? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How many windshields has your X/Mutantneer gone through?

How many windshields have you gone through

• 1 per year

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • 2 or more per year

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Every couple of years

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Why fix it - it'll just break agian

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Never had to. Still Original

Votes: 15 44.1%

• Total voters

TSTONE

Giddy up!
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Oakland County, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Mountaineer
How many windshields has your X/Mutantneer gone through?

I am having my 4th WS in 13mths installed today on my Mutant, 7th in 5yrs.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am on my confirmed third windshield.

The reason I say confirmed:

X was bought off Police department in 1996, had a Non-factory shield, which would make it #2 at the minimum.

It was cracked at the time, and just this year I finally replaced it, so that is #3.

I shouldn't even respond to this, as i have not had to change mine once in 50k...

Could one the Mod Gods please add a line for never?

I've only replaced mine once. It didn't have the factory windsheild when I bought it in 2002, so it's on at least its third.

When I bought mine it was already cracked. So it's atleast the second.

my toyota has had its replaced before i got it, but the current one i have right now is cracked because some jerk o nthe freeway threw marbles at me... im not going to fix it until it gets really bad, its cracked right under the wiper blade and slowly creeping sideways

Think its origional on the new one. But its gotta booger on the drivers side, so I'm just waiting for it to spider out.

Mine is on its second in 12 years and 210K miles. It does have a few small rock chips in it but they have been there for a couple years and haven't carcked so I just ignore them.

IAmTodd said:
Think its origional on the new one. But its gotta booger on the drivers side, so I'm just waiting for it to spider out.

Circle it before it spreads.....

I am on my 4th windshield. My last replacement was 10/2004 at which point I restored the windshield lip which had been leaking. This can be seen in my Leaky windshield repair/restoration thead.

Chipped twice. Replaced once. $125.

First one was almost out of sight. The second is right smack in front of the driver's sight.

Never

150k miles and still original

None but I got a little chip over on the far passenger side that looks like it's spreading. Has anybody else used one of those winshield repair kits? It has a syringe looking thing in it and supposedly seals up the and prevents it from spreading. Well, I used one of those on it and it looked dramatically better after, like it had actually sealed up the . Well, a few months later, it looks like it's spreading again, so I don't know whether I should try the repair kit again or just wait for it to spread more and replace the whole thing. What's the average price for winshield replacement?

My windshield had been replaced when I bought it used in 2000. Since then I have yet to replace a windshield. I do have a few rock chips in the 4 years since, but none appear to be cracking.

3 times on mine in just the last two years, thank god for insurance

150K with the factory windsheild.

Why are you guys replacing them 3 and 4 times? Just catching rocks? Or vandilism ?

Shane

All my windshields were due to rock stikes while on the highway. t depends on the road you drive. There are several gravel companies near me that haul & sell crushed stone. You'll see both Large and small trucks picking up loads. Many of these trucks head for the highway and will loose a few stones along their journey waiting to fullfill their destiny with your windshield.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pretty much same here - 20K a year of freeway driving with what seems like perpetual construction takes its toll.

Back